2000 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Safety, Safety, Safety!

2000 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

1500 LS 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Safety, Safety, Safety!
By Campbell on

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV

My family was recently rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on I-75 in our Surburban. We all walked away with minor scratches and bruises. We have had some mechanical problems in the past(fuel pump, transmission and rear-end problems) but I don't think I will ever trust another vehicle as much. The "burb" was totalled and I felt I was leaving my "Best Friend behind". I don't think many cars would have taken the hit we did and keep us as safe as this one did. I will be buying another one, you better believe! Mechanical problems can be fixed, family sometimes can't.

Love the roominess, we have had all nine places in use and we were very comfortable. I have had it loaded with even kitchen cabinets. Its huge! Again, though, my favorite would have to be safety.

My husband would like to see Chevy work on the mechanical problems more. We got 18 MPG though, not bad for such a huge SUV.