2000 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: King of the Road

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

King of the Road
By Cougar87 on

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV

King of the Road - that's how I feel behind the wheel of my 2000 Suburban. This is the ultimate "Load up the kids and all their stuff and take a Road Trip" vehicle. At 22000 miles only problems have been both rear window actuators and one rear door power lock went out (dealer replaced in one morning) - this seems to be a common problem from other reviews I've read. Quiet, confident driving on the highway. Plenty of power (I'm not expecting race-car like performance) and towing capacity. I love my Suburban!

Comfortable power driver's seat, plenty of leg, head, elbow, knee room. Handles great on the road. Self-dimming side view and rear view mirrors. Electric locks and windows, power outlets. Ride quality is great. Rear air and privacy glass keeps everyone cool in the summers here in the desert!

Quality name brand tires, instead of Generals - Goodyear or Michelin would have been nice. A longer warranty (on all new cars) would be good - and at least on the powertrain ala Toyota, Nissan...etc.