Used 2000 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Best Car Ever Built.
By Mike Barber

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV

This is truly the best driving and most versatile vehicle ever built.It has all the power I need for any use.And for long trips there is no other way to go.I now have over 130k miles on this 2000 LT,and the only thing I have done to it is put a new water pump on it at 126k miles.And it still drives like new. I wish it got a little better gas milage,but its worth that sacrifice.We have this one and a GMC Yukon XL Denali and both of these vehicles are the cars of all cars.

Best one out of 5
By hardcore

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4dr SUV 4WD

Have owned 4 other 'Burbs, this one is awesome. 4000 miles in first month. Should of bought it sooner. Excellent brakes, unlike prior models. 6.0 is a pleasant surprise. Doesn't ride like a 3/4 ton but tows like a 1 ton. Love the dash & A/C vent layout. Push button 4x4, way cool & AutoTrac already kept me on track once. Towing an ElDorado on a car trailer in terrain ranging from 1500' to 6000' I avg 10.5 mpg. With the 5 of us and luggage,(nothing towed) I saw 14.5 mpg on flat land. These are real numbers & I didn't spend time in the right lane. Besides, if you don't realize bigger is safer, and can't handle the gas bill, this isn't for you.

4 wheel disc brakes, side airbags, T/V, 4 captian chairs, spare outside, sound system, leather interior, build quality, ice cold A/C, easy & enjoyable to drive, factory tow package, 6.0 powerband different (higher RPM) than 7.4 but much, much more. In short, I like EVERYTHING about it.

NorthStar overrated & to much money. Where's the Duramax? Not all diesel fans can use a p/u. More rear cargo room needed. When you see a 73-91 burb, you KNOW it's a burb, GM needs to find that attitude again & apply it to the exterior. Trucks included.

Fuel pump failure
By Noillinator

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV

I have 60,000 miles on this truck and the fuel pump failed. The service center said they see this a lot and that you have to keep 1/4 tank of gas to keep the pump cool. That is nonsense if you ask me. I am glad I wasn't driving this vehicle when the pump went out. That could have been bad. This was a potential death trap. The interior isn't as nice as my 1996. They really cheapened the seat. The rear radio contriol can't take abuse. I had to replace this when I bought it. I used to be a supplier to GM and can't believe the abuse they gave me regarding my parts. I guess the best I can do is head a warning to GM that this is my last GM car.

None

The fuel pump design.

great hockey hauler
By marblehead

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

love love the vehicle hate hillcrest chevrolet where i bought they were horrible

superb vehicle

2000 Lt Suburban 4x4
By Tigerlileas

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had 5 different cars and this vehicle has been the best that I have ever had all around.

Heated seats The whole package