2000 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Smooth Ride
By Ohio Sales on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4dr SUV

3rd Suburban for a traveling salesman and this one is the best to date. 125k and no major problems to date. Towing 9000# with very little effort. Problems with the previous Suburbans have been addressed. Excellent ride with handling to match.

Burb 2500 LT 4W
By Colorado Paul on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Live in the Rockies, and "this" is the ride to own. Our 2500 LT has been a PRINCE, and we can't say a bad thing about it...unless buying gas causes you disconfort. It's an animal.

Ultimate Family & Tow Vehicle
By SquamLaker on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Our first Suburban, but not our last. Whether we are hauling kids to Hockey games or the boat to the lake, the Suburban is always up to the task. 3 zones for heat/AC mean everyone is comfortable. Towing is effortless, pulls a 5,000 lb boat with ease. Ride is very comfortable, handling is solid and there is no "top heavy" feeling as we found with other SUV's. Actual Gas mileage is even a bit better than my last Grand Cherokee.

Totally satisfied - No complaints
By hatipa on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Safe, comfortable driving for 2 years with absolutely no mechanical problems. Still runs like new at 25,000 miles. Great for hauling the kids, their friends, and their stuff. My wife originally was lukewarm about the purchase (she hates station wagons) but she quickly became a fan.

Don't Lock Me Out
By Dan J. on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've been extremely happy with my suburban. It is comfortable, spacious, and even economical. I recently got 18 MPG at 75 MPH on a 1300 mile trip! The only problem I have had is with the security system. The alarm goes off for no reason, and then the power locks don't work for a couple days. And then it miraculously heals itself. The dealer has had it in 4 times for this and apparently has it fixed this time. Otherwise no problems!

Burns Oil
By mike_chevy on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle to drive. Burning 2-3 quarts of oil per 3000 miles concerns me, but Chevy says it is acceptable.

MY THIRD BURB SINCE 1996
By SLA on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV

THIRD SUBURBAN SINCE 96. TRADE AT 65K EVERY TWO YEARS. LIKED THE 1996 AND 1999, BUT THE 2000 PLATFORM WAS A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT IN RIDE AND WIND NOISE. THE SECOND ROW BUCKET SEAT IS NOW A VERY "CIVILIZED" PLACE TO TRAVEL VIS A VIS THE OLD BENCH STYLE SEAT, PLUS BETTER ACCESS TO THE THIRD ROW. MINOR PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTRIC WINDOW ACTUATORS. APPARENTLY GM GOT A BAD BATCH. I'VE GOT ALMOST 63K MILES ON THIS ONE AND IT IS AS TIGHT AND PLEASING TO DRIVE AS WHEN IT WAS NEW. THE GENERAL HAS IT JUST ABOUT RIGHT WITH THIS PLATFORM.

Our 2000 Chevy Suburban
By walvord on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

While not quite the classic as our '55 Bel Air, it is a great family hauler, 4 kids, 3 cats, and 1 dog. Lots of room for the groceries too. Great for long trips, roomy, comfortable, reliable. Highly recommended for the big family that has lots of activity.

King of the Road
By Cougar87 on 03/14/02 18:57 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV

King of the Road - that's how I feel behind the wheel of my 2000 Suburban. This is the ultimate "Load up the kids and all their stuff and take a Road Trip" vehicle. At 22000 miles only problems have been both rear window actuators and one rear door power lock went out (dealer replaced in one morning) - this seems to be a common problem from other reviews I've read. Quiet, confident driving on the highway. Plenty of power (I'm not expecting race-car like performance) and towing capacity. I love my Suburban!