Used 2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love this Suburban
By Rick

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV

This is the fourth suburban that I have owned and the first one that I have bought brand new. It has served me well in every function that I have used it. I occasionally have to drive off road to job sites in my job, only got stuck once and that was in a plowed field. I love the traction in deep snow which is needed for my driveway which is 600 feet long. It has great control during heavy rainstorms also. All this plus a great ride on the highway too. I have a big pop up camping trailer and it tows like it's not even there. I have had it loaded down and pulling a loaded 14 ft trailer moving people and furniture and it has performed excellently. Great ride for only having 2 wheel drive.

Favorite Features

I have only had to replace the electric window motors in the back doors under warranty. So the maintenance cost has been super low. Of course I've had to replace normal items that wear out, brakes, tires, belts, etc., but no mechanical expenses ar all. Also, excellent radio/cd sound, ac, and heater

Suggested Improvements

none

Safety, Safety, Safety!
By Campbell

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV

My family was recently rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on I-75 in our Surburban. We all walked away with minor scratches and bruises. We have had some mechanical problems in the past(fuel pump, transmission and rear-end problems) but I don't think I will ever trust another vehicle as much. The "burb" was totalled and I felt I was leaving my "Best Friend behind". I don't think many cars would have taken the hit we did and keep us as safe as this one did. I will be buying another one, you better believe! Mechanical problems can be fixed, family sometimes can't.

Favorite Features

Love the roominess, we have had all nine places in use and we were very comfortable. I have had it loaded with even kitchen cabinets. Its huge! Again, though, my favorite would have to be safety.

Suggested Improvements

My husband would like to see Chevy work on the mechanical problems more. We got 18 MPG though, not bad for such a huge SUV.

King of the Road
By Cougar87

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV

King of the Road - that's how I feel behind the wheel of my 2000 Suburban. This is the ultimate "Load up the kids and all their stuff and take a Road Trip" vehicle. At 22000 miles only problems have been both rear window actuators and one rear door power lock went out (dealer replaced in one morning) - this seems to be a common problem from other reviews I've read. Quiet, confident driving on the highway. Plenty of power (I'm not expecting race-car like performance) and towing capacity. I love my Suburban!

Favorite Features

Comfortable power driver's seat, plenty of leg, head, elbow, knee room. Handles great on the road. Self-dimming side view and rear view mirrors. Electric locks and windows, power outlets. Ride quality is great. Rear air and privacy glass keeps everyone cool in the summers here in the desert!

Suggested Improvements

Quality name brand tires, instead of Generals - Goodyear or Michelin would have been nice. A longer warranty (on all new cars) would be good - and at least on the powertrain ala Toyota, Nissan...etc.