Used 2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Love this Suburban
By Rick

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV

This is the fourth suburban that I have owned and the first one that I have bought brand new. It has served me well in every function that I have used it. I occasionally have to drive off road to job sites in my job, only got stuck once and that was in a plowed field. I love the traction in deep snow which is needed for my driveway which is 600 feet long. It has great control during heavy rainstorms also. All this plus a great ride on the highway too. I have a big pop up camping trailer and it tows like it's not even there. I have had it loaded down and pulling a loaded 14 ft trailer moving people and furniture and it has performed excellently. Great ride for only having 2 wheel drive.

I have only had to replace the electric window motors in the back doors under warranty. So the maintenance cost has been super low. Of course I've had to replace normal items that wear out, brakes, tires, belts, etc., but no mechanical expenses ar all. Also, excellent radio/cd sound, ac, and heater

none

Chevy Quality?
By bman

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck in 2003 with 35k on it. have put 100k on it since then. steers more like a mini van than a truck, rides better also. Have replaced every power window motor at least once, replaced transmission at 105K have replaced 4 oxygen sensors and still have engine trouble light on. push button 4 WD switch doesn't always work, door locks occasionally don't work, check 4 WD light comes on but no mechanic can figure out why, wheel speed sensor in front wheel hubs were repaired under recall once but again don't work causing ABS to activate at speeds less than 5 mph such as when you are trying to stop at a redlight, causing brakes to not work, have had several near fender- benders.

Room, ride, towing and cargo capacity is tremendous. 5.3 L engine gets 15 around town and 20 highway with 7 people in the vehicle.

rear quarterpanels rusted in front of the rear wheels, apparently they all do because of some GM body or paint defect. check quality controls

Oldy but Goodie
By Dave

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We purchased this truck used with 77K miles on it for the 3rd row seating. Plus my wife isn't the best of driver, so if she got into an accident, there is a good chance of her and my kids walking away. We now have 111K miles. I have replaced the shocks, tires, and alternator, in the last four years. American quality I feel is more than reached by this vehicle seeing how the above is routine/scheduled maintance. Gas is not the greatest in the city, but on the highway, fill up with Plus grade, and see your avg shoot from 18mgs to over 28 mpgs going 70 plus mph on the highway. We have done long road trips with this truck for quite sometime now. If you can find one in good shape buy it

4x4

Rear windows

Great car
By shane

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LT 4dr SUV

Great car has lasted for years. Subarans are fun to drive. Had it for 8 years and looks brand new still. Great for going places and very reliable

The outside

189k and still going... what a tank
By mountainman68

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4dr SUV 4WD

My 2000 Suburban is a 3/4ton 4x4 LT and gets me anywhere I want to go. I've been through snow 4 feet deep. The 6.0L vortec really pulls through. Ive been up 7% grades 100 times. It has seen the backwoods, towed 11k trailers, and has been through deep mud and water on hunting season. I bought this truck with 16k on it and it now has nearly 190k with nothing more than belts, tires, and 2 sets of brakes replaced. I pull out trucks all the time up by our cabin in mariposa pines, our toyhauler on the beach, and i love the feeling of owning a huge american tank.

Big leather seats. large vortec engine, 4x4, and all the room, and most of all the safety for my family.

Gas mileage, although it isn't that bad. 12.5 in town and almost 20 on the road.