2000 Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

1500 LS 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Love this Suburban
By Rick on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV

This is the fourth suburban that I have owned and the first one that I have bought brand new. It has served me well in every function that I have used it. I occasionally have to drive off road to job sites in my job, only got stuck once and that was in a plowed field. I love the traction in deep snow which is needed for my driveway which is 600 feet long. It has great control during heavy rainstorms also. All this plus a great ride on the highway too. I have a big pop up camping trailer and it tows like it's not even there. I have had it loaded down and pulling a loaded 14 ft trailer moving people and furniture and it has performed excellently. Great ride for only having 2 wheel drive.

Safety, Safety, Safety!
By Campbell on 04/19/07 18:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV

My family was recently rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on I-75 in our Surburban. We all walked away with minor scratches and bruises. We have had some mechanical problems in the past(fuel pump, transmission and rear-end problems) but I don't think I will ever trust another vehicle as much. The "burb" was totalled and I felt I was leaving my "Best Friend behind". I don't think many cars would have taken the hit we did and keep us as safe as this one did. I will be buying another one, you better believe! Mechanical problems can be fixed, family sometimes can't.

King of the Road
By Cougar87 on 03/14/02 18:57 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4dr SUV

King of the Road - that's how I feel behind the wheel of my 2000 Suburban. This is the ultimate "Load up the kids and all their stuff and take a Road Trip" vehicle. At 22000 miles only problems have been both rear window actuators and one rear door power lock went out (dealer replaced in one morning) - this seems to be a common problem from other reviews I've read. Quiet, confident driving on the highway. Plenty of power (I'm not expecting race-car like performance) and towing capacity. I love my Suburban!