1999 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Work Horse with Reliability

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Work Horse with Reliability
By Ryan on

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the truck new in 1999 and still own it today. It is a nice rough truck with a lot of comfort and space on the interior. I have experienced a few problems. These problems include the door locks sticking or just not working, the door handles breaking, steering shaft, and other problems that are normal for a ten year old car. Because the car is so heavy you burn through breaks and tires but besides that I have no major complaints other than the design of the door locks and handles. It makes road trips a breeze and can haul a ton.

Favorite Features

The comfort and the safe feeling while driving. I never once have worried about breaking down on the road while driving. The gas tank is huge which is great for long distance trips. (Up to 700 miles before a fill up again. The trunk space is great too.

Suggested Improvements

Design of the door locks and handles. The placement of the radio buttons because the transmission handle is in the way and often times when I have reached for the radio, I have hit the transmission handle into neutral. The fold down sunvisor also hangs to low and covers to much of the windshield.