1999 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: A beast of comfort and reliabi

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

A beast of comfort and reliability.
By father of four on

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Yes, these times might make you say to yourself - my gosh, can I afford the gas. Well, if you can find a vehicle that can haul as much as this can, can motor across most any surface - dry, slick, or wet, and can haul this many folks in comfort all while getting better gas mileage, well, I say go for it. I have had this vehicle since it was new, and I swear by it. Yep, it'll eat brakes, but its about 4 tons of truck so that's to be expected. Comfort is an understatement. Safety is an understatement. Put the kids in their seats and strap them in and you're fine. And I have had no real issues with relability, just normal maintenance issues that were easily fixed.

Favorite Features

Front and rear A/C. Good sound system. Good torque and HP. Outstanding comfort. Can pull with vigor. Good traction in all conditions with the right tires.

Suggested Improvements

The sliding seat forward on the right passenger side can be removed, but sliding it back and forth for access to the 3d seat is a non starter for kids. They just jump the seat and plop down in the back.