1999 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews 9

1999 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Sebastian Suburban
By Pammy on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

This is my 2nd Suburban, and I'm still in love. Wouldn't drive anything else.Even with 90K miles, it still drives very well and is extremely comfortable. Other than replacing one belt and routine maintenance, I've had no problems, mechanical or otherwise. Much roomier than my Explorer, and better gas mileage.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By Family Guy on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

My 1999 Burb XL has 49,000 miles. It is used to haul my family around and has never been used for towing. Here is what we have had replaced. Transmission replaced at 35K (warranty), CD Player, door switch (twice), door lock actuators, rear passenger door handle, AC Fan, AC Switch, passenger AC vents, intake manifold gaskets (ouch) and the rear differential (big ouch), yes that's right a new rear end. I just discovered that during the past few days the heated driver seat is not working, the door lock actuator on the rear passenger door is not working again and the driver vanity mirror cover is broken and hanging from one hinge. Run, run away.

Supurb Burb
By Tizil on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our 99 K1500 in Denver after returning from a job assignment in Brazil. We also picked up a Z28 which we towed back to our home in Kingwood, Texas. Had to sell the Z when we moved to Canada but the Burb has been in the family for 4 years and has been the best vehicle we have ever owned. We have taken several long trips with three adults and two kids and always arrived feeling fresh.

Dissapointed in GM
By MBaker on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I cannot begin to describe the headaches. GM quality has dropped radically over the past 7-10 years. The kicker on this truck was at 81,000 miles the intake manifold gaskets started leaking. I thought it was just a fluke but alot of people have this problem with these Vortecs. At 68,000 the transmission blew. Do you realize the sticker on this truck was over $35,000! And it dropped a tranny at a mere 68,000 miles. Pick you feet up GM.

Room with a veiw
By freerange on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our 4x4 with less than 4 miles on the odometer. It has held up well to our country roads and to my hunting trips. We have a large family and the leather seats are easy to clean after the regular spills and drops.. The gas mileage has been good for such a large and safe feeling vehicle. Other than brakes - which seem to be short lived,we have been happy with the maintenance. I would like to see the front seat more available in the 60/40 style with the fold down armrest like the p/up has this would make for seating for 9 people if need be. The engine provides plenty of power and accelearation when neccessary,

Awesome Burb
By Burb Lover on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

We purchased this Burb with 30k miles on it. It looks and drives like new. It's a beautiful jet black with tan interior. One minor issue with cd player, but the dealer fixed it in 1 day. We love this vehicle. Heated seats, auto dim mirrors, leather, power everything. The mileage is ok for a big truck roughly 15 mpg. We now have 48k on it and still shows no signs of wear and tear.

What to sell my 1999 Suburban for.
By Booper on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

A great vehicle with lots of space for people and golf bags. We've taken 6 bags and suitcases and everyone was comfortable.

Beautiful Burb
By Hathorn Transfer on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Bought our '99 Burb brand new and now have 117,000 miles on it. About 15k miles a year with business, and approximately 5k towing a 30' travel trailer. Loaded with a family of 5 and the dog! Can't beat the Chevy 350 V-8. I've switched to synthetic fluids throughout and dual non-restrictive exhaust and gained about 25 hp. Gas mileage hovers around 15 mpgs. It's the best vehicle we've ever owned.

Fuel Mileage
By cmcgee on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We purchased the vehicle used. It is a 1999 Chevy Suburban LT completely loaded. The vehicle was owned by a salesman and had about 125,000 miles at the time of purchase. My wife, who drives the vehicle on a regular basis, is a stay at home mom, but she is never at home. She makes lots of short trips around town. Her fuel mileage on the 4x4 suburban is around 17 mpg. We recently took a trip to Virginia Beach. We left our home which is located just off I-95 and went to Emporia Va. Then we took 58 into Va. Beach. I refueled once we got into Va. Beach. On our 3 hour trip, we averaged 22.3 mpg. I have been very impressed with this vehicle since.

Mileage and Brakes for the 1999 K1500 Su
By Spoto on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Highway mileage seldom over 13-14mpg at 65 to 70mph. Brakes are very poor when at a panic stop. There is split second hesitation before brakes grab. First brake pad replacement at 17000 miles,second at 34000 miles. Third row seat too heavy and too difficult to remove and replace.