1998 Chevrolet Suburban 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good so far.

1998 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Good so far.
By sellinghomes4u on

1998 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Best overall large SUV I've looked at. Checked out Explorers and Jeep Grand Cherokee and Durango. All WAY too small for a family. Overall it seems to be a well thought out vehicle. I wonder if some of the people who've rated it so badly perhaps hadn't gotten ones that had been abused wrecked or poorly modified. I also rated it highly on gas mileage. Mine has been averaging 15mpg in mixed driving, it's overall fuel economy isn't much different than my mini-van. I haven't owned it long enough to comment on reliabilty. It's comfortable, quiet, smooth and handles quite well (within the confines of what it is). Overall I'm quite pleased with it.

Favorite Features

Large size interior. Good HVAC system. Very good fuel economy (considering size/weight), good overall performance. Hanndling, ride and acceleration very good for size of unit. Good looking truck.

Suggested Improvements

The steering's on center feel is a litte weak. Rear visibility with barn doors could be better. Should have power outlets in rear. Brake feel could/should be better.