1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Ultimate family hauler - 4wd diesel Sub
By 4smiths on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

After 20 months and 24,000 miles, my wife loves this truck for its overall capability and family friendliness. Gets 18mpg @ 75 mph cruising, and 15mpg in strictly around-town driving. The 6.5L turbodiesel is a remarkable powerplant for a full-size SUV, and the 4L-80E transmission is simply outstanding in every way. Surprisingly good handler for such a huge rig, although it will never fool a driver into thinking that it's a sports car!

Comfort, visability, Power
By Kevin01145 on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I actually really am sorry to let this one go. I have a trailer and love to pull all sorts of things. This rig has been absolutly fabulous!

Lovin' it
By Sub-2 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Suburban. The firsat was a '92 2wd. This truck is a big improvement over my '92. The ride quality is awesome. There is a little corner sway that is common in big SUVs.I give Chevy an A for effort on this truck.

K2500 4WD Diesel
By kegler on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have the diesel version, so my experience is probably different than others. The diesel runs very well and is extremely reliable. It pulls a trailer without problems (both a heavy boat and a camper). Overall, a very nice vehicle that gets better than normal fuel mileage because of the diesel package.

Heart attack of America
By Airmike on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Where can I start, brakes inadequate for this heavy vehicle- rotors always going out - calipers replaced ,on the 3rd transmission - replaced fuel pump - universal joint - alternator - starter - water pump - heater control valve - a/c evaporator - battery post problems - fusible link - it now has 146000 miles, I have owned for almost 3 years , about $9000 in repairs. Every time I think nothing else can go wrong , it does. If you own one of these I strongly suggest joining AAA, they have towed me 3 times this year. Don't get me wrong, I have a 86 K1500 truck and it is great, I guess I got a Friday or Monday build.

It's a lemon, but it runs good.
By TSgt Vaz on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I purchase this vehicle for one purpose and it was for my family. They have enjoyed traveling around the US with it. I have had alot of electrical problems with this Suburban, but it has performed wonderfully for me. It has 116,000 miles on it and it still running good. I just travelled 7,000 miles this july. My family was very comfortable riding in it.

evaluation of 97 suburban
By rfrankjr on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Only needed to replace brakes and tires...still had orginal exhaust with 106,000 miles on it. Not one problem with engine but did change oil every 3,000 miles.

My first and only Burb
By Weasel628 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

No major problems at all. Regular maintenance upkeep has kept us rolling along. The whole family (7) & dog can fit comfortably. On long trips, all the luggage fits in the rear. Can Expedition owners say the same? We love the way the vehicle travels on the highway. Will keep it until the cows come home.

SUBURBAN
By FREDERICK on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

THE SUBURBAN IS THE BEST VEHICLE IVE EVER OWNED I CANT WAIT TO SAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET A NEW ONE

k1500sub
By brun0tc on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great vehicle overall.Perfect for towing except for the 5.7 is a little lite,go for the big block opt.