1997 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: 228,000 miles and doing great!

1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

228,000 miles and doing great!
By runner97 on

1997 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

My 97 4dr k1500 has 228,000 miles and is doing great. Just used it to pull my travel trailer 6,000 lb through Penn, Maryland, WV, V, KY, and back to Michigan and did great! Other than regular maintenace as well it is doing good. Can't be more happy with it. I don't think you can find anything better for pulling. Things I wish they would keep in the new suburbans. A simple, tuff, and not be afarid to get dirty suburban. The new ones are to nice. Why would you use it for hauling things in.

Favorite Features

Love how it pulls and drives. Also, it is great for hauling things. On a wet day it is nice to put a 4 x 8 sheet of dry wall in. Great for families!

Suggested Improvements

Chevy Breaks are always a issue. It is something they can learn from Ford about. Where they put oil filters at. Why in the world would you put a oil filter in a location that is hard to get at and put it in side ways. Make a Truck / SUV that gets good gas mileage. I have know clue why you spend more time in making small cars when amercians wants it's big trucks and etc....