1996 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Don't do it!

1996 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Review

Don't do it!
By BigJohn on

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

If your thinking about buying a Chevy Suburban....Don't do it. Chevy has really gone down hill the past few years. My main complaint is the intake manifold gasket start leaking at about 75-80,000 miles. It did it to me in the middle of eastrern Colorado and stranded me in a little town called La Junta. $800 buck later the new gaskets were installed, but 8,000 miles later they blew again. This time I let a REAL mechanic fix the problem. He went with third part FelPro gaskets and the thing hasn'e leaked in 40,000 miles.

Towing power and interior room. Cargo doors for hauling groiceries or whatever...easy access over a tail gate.

GM obviously has a problem with the intake manifold gaskets on these Vortec engines. This happened to my son's Tahoe and other people I know as well. GM should recall all this junk and fix it right! This is a well documented problem. Just research the internet and you'll see.