1996 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Awesome Burb 4X4

1996 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Awesome Burb 4X4
By Awesome on

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought in 2005 with only 16k miles and now have 108k. With a set of Rancho shocks, K&N air intake system and Amsoil synthetic oil thru-out, it just purrs along and looks great on 18" wheels with just a 2" lift. I fear they will quit making gasoline before she quits running. I bought it for the same reason most buy the Suburban. It's so sad to know that before long, we won't have the choice of a Suburban and all the trips and family excitement that they bring. How are we to carry the whole family and all the equipment and the bass boat when all that's left is Greyhound or the MTA?

The 500 mile range with a full tank is so nice in Texas. The comfort of the seats are great, even with a bad back. My Burb has been so reliable and dependable, always.

Find a way to get 30 MPG. Chevy needs to pay attention when the same problems keep occuring. Then, they need to take action to correct that problem no matter what the cost. That is if, they want to remain viable in the future. I love my Burb but, hate to see others with unsolved problems.