Used 1996 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

By Hunter Jones

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Just yes. This bad boy has lasted me 350000 miles and she still purrs like a kitten. She is amazing and the thought of breaking down on the road doesn't even cross my mind. I'm more concerned with a vehicle hitting me and me destroying that vehicle. She's stout. She hauled the 10k lb camper to CO and back without a problem. I love it and I wouldn't get rid of mine for the world.

Best Truck Ever Owned
By gunther39

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 96 used w/140K NINE years ago, it now has 205K and I simply love it more then ever. Sadly rust is winning the battle of this beloved vehicle. It has been the greatest vehicle I've ever owned and I've owned them all. Also sadly is the insane sticker price for a new one.

Space, space and more space. Room to spare

Better gas mileage

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Mike

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my suburban @ 120,000 miles and put another 70,000 on over the next 3 years. Never had any major problems. Smooth Transmission, Quiet Engine, Comfortable Ride, Plenty of space, Towed up to 10,000 pounds no problem. It never left me stranded. Extremely reliable. It will take care of you if you take care of it. I did have to replace the fuel pump twice but that was because I tended to drive on a low tank of fuel more often than not. A downer is the fuel economy of course. Take out the back seat, fold down the center row and you have a full size truck; so versatile. Handles awesome in 4 wheel drive. This car will always have a special place in my heart.

Space, Versatility, Towing Capacity, Comfort, 4X4, Safety

Better fuel pumps, better fuel economy

awesome
By kevin

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought this truck with 300000 km it is still in mint shape with 410000ks original motor and tranny i love this truck to tow my toys around and as well as my 5 kids

fuel economy doesn't change towing it still is great 975 km to a full tank

leather seats like to crack

Keeps going and going and going.....
By Eddie

1996 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my 1996 Suburban. I bought it with 154K in 2005 and now it has 201,000 and counting. I have never had a problem with the Burban. I drove it across the country twice. The truck just turned 200K about a month and a half or so and I just replaced the original thermostat, radiator, water pump and hoses. The originals took the truck to over 200K the upgraded units I installed should take her to an additional 200K. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! The only complaint I might have is the location of the cup holder. It is right in front of the vent, if its cold and you put the heater on your cold drink will get warm. It has been a fantastic vehicle for my family. Highly recommend!!!

the 4x4, size, 5.7 vortec engine and comfort.

cup holders placed somewhere else.