1995 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Rust issue only

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Rust issue only
By Cashmere on

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV is amazingly strong and reliable. I bought it with a 100k on it and it now has 149k. The 350 does not leak or burn any oil at all. The transmission is tight as a drum. Problems only with rust. Rust underneath, rust in the body panels. Shame. I don't know where it was in its prior life but whatever it was it caused a lot of rusting problems. I have repaired most of the underside rust and now am going about replacing the body panels. Used parts are plentiful and cheap. Love this monster. Had it in for an oil change during the last snow storm and the service station placed it out front waiting for me to pick up and 6 people tried to buy it. Goes in the snow like there is none.

This is the base model, no carpet now power windows and no problems. I works hard and plays hard.

Make body panels easier to replace. These SUVs have long service lives. Doors and fenders should be more easily replaceable. But I have seen worse.