1995 Chevrolet Suburban 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Babe the blue ox

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Babe the blue ox
By Art Daniels on

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

My daughter calls it Babe because it is big and blue (like Paul Bunyan's Ox). The Suburban is by far the most roomy of all other vehicles I have owned. We are a family of big people. I have three sons each over six feet tall my daughter is 5'9 and my wife is 5'11" and when we have taken road trips to Oregon and Arizona it has been very nice. It has the large 454 engine and with a few minor adjustments to the exhaust and intake I have managed to squeeze as much as 14 MPG on the highway while pulling a trailer. I know that the new trucks get much better mileage. But I just love this one so much I will most likely keep it as long as the oil reserves do not run out.

Favorite Features

Rear A/C, inside spare tire storage. I like the stock stereo system that automatically raises and lowers the volume as the speed noise increases or decreases. I also like the towing capacity of this unit.Feels like I could tow my house if need be.

Suggested Improvements

Only fuel economy, but not at the sacrifice of power.