Used 1995 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Exceptional
By carguy45

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my first car. It is almost 15 years old and is still running well. It has about 180,000 miles and had no major work done. It gets 13mpg around town. It's great around town, but I would not trust it on long trips. A few years back we drove it constantly back and forth on road trips. The paint is showing wear. Door hinges on driver and passenger side need replaced once and awhile. This thing goes through brakes like nobodies business. I've replaced spark plugs a number of times and power steering hose needed replaced. Interior is made with really cheap plastic. Plus every time you hit a bump the truck shakes like a carnival ride. Other than that it is a great truck for being so old.

Big, Powerful, Reliable, Feel safe while driving, Comfortable, Lots of room,

Door Hinges, Brakes, Fuel economy, Stereo and speakers, interior plastic, power seats,

What do you want for a big vehicle
By Happy Family

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the car with 113,000 miles. Had a mechanic friend look it over, Runs great, did a few things to it just to maintain for safety reasons, very easy to work on, did most of the work myself. Now with 195,000 and still no oil leaks just replaced the air-conditioner lines to the back plus rear compressor, cost $1400., but cheaper than a car payment. Hope to have for another 100,000 if body doesn't rust out first. Gotta love the Midwest with all the salt in winter time. Rides great, oil changes religiously every 3,000 miles. Gas is costly, but the ride is worth it!!!!

Front and rear heat/air controls, flip down one section of 2nd seat to enter 3rd seat, tow pkg. All around comfort.

Worst I've ever owned
By Large

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Purchased it used with ~80,000 miles in 2002. Felt comfortable doing this as I purchased it from the 1st owner that had all service records (dealer maintained). The engine failed at 92k miles. Replaced it with a new GM crate motor (5.7L). From there, it has been one constant failure after another. It now has $187,000 miles, but has had literally everything under the hood replaced (2 a/c compressors)as well as a transimission overhaul last month. I lost my shirt on this vehicle and am forced to keep it given what I've had to invest. I'll donate it later this year to a charity as I can't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith.

Roomy and comfortable for long trips. Very sharp looking exterior. Factory paint is top-notch and held up very well.

Brakes are too small for this vehicle (small rear drum brakes are pathetic). Cheap plastic interior (dash has cracked on pasenger side). Third seat is a major pain to remove and install. Rear barn doors have needed repar twice. At 187k miles it rattles like a hay wagon. Buy Ford.

Best We've Ever Had
By American Beauty

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

4DR K2500 4WD is what sold me plus the 454 power. Not afaid to pull anything {within it's ranges}. Purchaced mi. of 169K did'nt bother my choice. I figured it was just broke in good. It's 300K+ mi.capable in my opinion. GM has a good line here, wished I'd started driving them sooner. We get comments still about how good it looks.

Ride, size, design, reliability

Mileage

Sold on Suburbans
By Sam

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I love my Suburban. It has been very solid, with no real issues for over 7 years. Therer have been the expected battery, alternator replacements, that wear out over the years. I've got 230k miles and it's still great for hauling my crew around, and I trust it over long hauls still.

Power, space