1995 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Babe the blue ox
By Art Daniels on 07/27/06 22:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

My daughter calls it Babe because it is big and blue (like Paul Bunyan's Ox). The Suburban is by far the most roomy of all other vehicles I have owned. We are a family of big people. I have three sons each over six feet tall my daughter is 5'9 and my wife is 5'11" and when we have taken road trips to Oregon and Arizona it has been very nice. It has the large 454 engine and with a few minor adjustments to the exhaust and intake I have managed to squeeze as much as 14 MPG on the highway while pulling a trailer. I know that the new trucks get much better mileage. But I just love this one so much I will most likely keep it as long as the oil reserves do not run out.

The Everything Vehicle
By zug zug on 01/18/06 22:26 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought it because extended family takes long road trips together and we were in the middle of a home remodel. It held 8 people, a dog and a weeks worth of stuff comfortably from Central CA to Arizona; all with one tank of gas. Removing the rear seat and folding down the second row gave us space to haul everything we needed during the remodel, including protecting 8' sections of wood moulding in the rain. There is no substitute for this SUV in this price range.

1995 K1500 Chevy Suburban XL
By Tom T on 04/05/05 20:37 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I will buy from a GM dealer next time versus private party. The money I saved from buying from an individual versus the dealer was what I had to pay for repairs/maintence. This full size SUV provides the cargo and passenger space while providing towing capability. The space and towing beats the Fords.

95 Suburban
By OC1Dave on 02/03/05 13:09 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been truly outstanding. It does anything I ask of it, tow, travel, off road, commute, and does it in comfort, style and gets 20+ mph on trips. Repairs have been minimal, it burns no oil at 160,000 and I will replace it with another.

Great SUV!
By cf on 12/08/04 16:33 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Have put over 140,000 miles on this SUV and it is going strong. Have had no major issues mechanically. Very dependable and functional.

is better than expected
By danmorea on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

is the 5 chevy truck that i own,very familiar with them,had 88,89,91,94 models but this one is the most easy to drive.Impresive braking,power,road feel

Solid power
By sdavis on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Solid truck, lots of power, have had it for the last 50k of its 176,000 miles, and plenty more to go. No major work necessary since I've had it, and only replaced original parts (alternator, etc), so no major work before I had it.

used car
By mtblaze on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Worthy car for large famaily

Gets the job done but American quality
By odelrio on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

We bought the '95 Suburban used in 4/00, it had 90k miles but in excellent shape. Three years and 30k miles later, it has had electrical (ignition and instrumentation) problems, brake problems, stereo quit twice (bought a GM replacement and then finally a Pioneer) and the interior plastics have cracked and are falling apart (brake release, hood release, and seat belt guides). The gas mileage on the 5.7L is ~9-11 MPG without exception. Both dealerships and performance shops feel the mileage is not out of the ordinary. The size and comfort of this vehicle is easily its main virtue but expensive to own and anything but worry-free.

K1500
By mm's on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I will buy from a GM dealer next time versus private party. The money I saved from buying from an individual versus the dealer was what I had to pay for repairs/maintence. This full size SUV provide the cargo and passenger space while providing towing capability. The space and towing beats the Ford Ex (cursion and pedition) series and the undersized Durango.