1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
OLD FAITHFUL
By alfonso ortiz on 10/27/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Suburbans are great, if i could afford another one i would jump on it. I have driven my truck from Texas to Cali several times. i have done a paper route to over the road driving, to hauling couches on top, and sheetrock inside, all with no major problems. Chevy makes a cheap intake manifold gasket. i finally had to replace. and now my shift solenoid is out. in 2009 great 5.7L power. cowboy conversion package was worth it.

Worst I've ever owned
By Large on 01/23/09 15:48 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Purchased it used with ~80,000 miles in 2002. Felt comfortable doing this as I purchased it from the 1st owner that had all service records (dealer maintained). The engine failed at 92k miles. Replaced it with a new GM crate motor (5.7L). From there, it has been one constant failure after another. It now has $187,000 miles, but has had literally everything under the hood replaced (2 a/c compressors)as well as a transimission overhaul last month. I lost my shirt on this vehicle and am forced to keep it given what I've had to invest. I'll donate it later this year to a charity as I can't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith.

Sold on Suburbans
By Sam on 08/27/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I love my Suburban. It has been very solid, with no real issues for over 7 years. Therer have been the expected battery, alternator replacements, that wear out over the years. I've got 230k miles and it's still great for hauling my crew around, and I trust it over long hauls still.

Solid power
By sdavis on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Solid truck, lots of power, have had it for the last 50k of its 176,000 miles, and plenty more to go. No major work necessary since I've had it, and only replaced original parts (alternator, etc), so no major work before I had it.

used car
By mtblaze on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Worthy car for large famaily

Gets the job done but American quality
By odelrio on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

We bought the '95 Suburban used in 4/00, it had 90k miles but in excellent shape. Three years and 30k miles later, it has had electrical (ignition and instrumentation) problems, brake problems, stereo quit twice (bought a GM replacement and then finally a Pioneer) and the interior plastics have cracked and are falling apart (brake release, hood release, and seat belt guides). The gas mileage on the 5.7L is ~9-11 MPG without exception. Both dealerships and performance shops feel the mileage is not out of the ordinary. The size and comfort of this vehicle is easily its main virtue but expensive to own and anything but worry-free.

outstanding suv
By superd on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

i have been extremely pleased with this suv. i bought it for my family of 7 and have found it to comfortably accomadate. we take it for 1500 mile summer vacations and have had outstanding results. it is comfortable, reliable, and economical.

cool truck
By jomibu on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

it's big, refined, and tough. it rides like a sedan and has a pretty good turning radius.It's ride is 10x better than and ford epedition or exursion. It's the best SUV on the planet

surb
By staceyr on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I love this car/truck wouldnt have any other