Used 1995 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

OLD FAITHFUL
By alfonso ortiz

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Suburbans are great, if i could afford another one i would jump on it. I have driven my truck from Texas to Cali several times. i have done a paper route to over the road driving, to hauling couches on top, and sheetrock inside, all with no major problems. Chevy makes a cheap intake manifold gasket. i finally had to replace. and now my shift solenoid is out. in 2009 great 5.7L power. cowboy conversion package was worth it.

Favorite Features

looks, versatility, power, all the extras. great room for all my kids and great vacation vehicle to haul all our stuff.

Suggested Improvements

i wish it had better gas mileage. new ones do i bet. 42gal tank cost alot to fill. bigger wheels and tires.

Worst I've ever owned
By Large

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Purchased it used with ~80,000 miles in 2002. Felt comfortable doing this as I purchased it from the 1st owner that had all service records (dealer maintained). The engine failed at 92k miles. Replaced it with a new GM crate motor (5.7L). From there, it has been one constant failure after another. It now has $187,000 miles, but has had literally everything under the hood replaced (2 a/c compressors)as well as a transimission overhaul last month. I lost my shirt on this vehicle and am forced to keep it given what I've had to invest. I'll donate it later this year to a charity as I can't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith.

Favorite Features

Roomy and comfortable for long trips. Very sharp looking exterior. Factory paint is top-notch and held up very well.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are too small for this vehicle (small rear drum brakes are pathetic). Cheap plastic interior (dash has cracked on pasenger side). Third seat is a major pain to remove and install. Rear barn doors have needed repar twice. At 187k miles it rattles like a hay wagon. Buy Ford.

Sold on Suburbans
By Sam

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I love my Suburban. It has been very solid, with no real issues for over 7 years. Therer have been the expected battery, alternator replacements, that wear out over the years. I've got 230k miles and it's still great for hauling my crew around, and I trust it over long hauls still.

Favorite Features

Power, space

Suggested Improvements

More cupholders

Solid power
By sdavis

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Solid truck, lots of power, have had it for the last 50k of its 176,000 miles, and plenty more to go. No major work necessary since I've had it, and only replaced original parts (alternator, etc), so no major work before I had it.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine, solid body

Suggested Improvements

none

used car
By mtblaze

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Worthy car for large famaily

Favorite Features

TV