1995 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Superior SUV
By T5258 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased to replace a rusty 90 Bronco...what an improvement!! It'll take 3 people, their dog & a weeks worth of luggage with room to spare (ask me how I know). With just under 200k, it runs, stops & shifts like new. I guess 60 years of refinement will go a long way...I've owned the aforementioned Bronco and an 87 Grand Wagoneer, the Suburban combines the best features of both in one SUV!!16-18 mpg with the 5.7 V8 is great in my book, plus a ridiculously well-appointed interior AND go-anywhere 4WD?? Make mine Chevy please!!!

Rust issue only
By Cashmere on 09/04/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV is amazingly strong and reliable. I bought it with a 100k on it and it now has 149k. The 350 does not leak or burn any oil at all. The transmission is tight as a drum. Problems only with rust. Rust underneath, rust in the body panels. Shame. I don't know where it was in its prior life but whatever it was it caused a lot of rusting problems. I have repaired most of the underside rust and now am going about replacing the body panels. Used parts are plentiful and cheap. Love this monster. Had it in for an oil change during the last snow storm and the service station placed it out front waiting for me to pick up and 6 people tried to buy it. Goes in the snow like there is none.

Built solid
By Plainfield Mom on 06/05/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car, we are a family of 7, my truck hauls everyone and everything I need to carry, I bought it 2years ago and the paint is fantastic in black, still shinning and beautiful, my interior has all the originall parts, I did buy it from its only owner. With 150,000 miles on her, she now has 167k miles. He was a contractor, I've only had to replace the front brakes and the wiper. I love the way it handles, the power, the smooth ride. We got 11" of snow last winter, the 4 wheel drive got me in and out of my space without shoveling. I have 3 teenage boys who love it so much they want one. We love our suburban

Great SUV!!!!!
By Adam on 02/15/10 06:16 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the Suburban to replace my 90 Bronco...the Burban is a superior vehicle in ALL regards. The space, power, tow capacity & comfort rival all contemporary competitors. 16 mpg during highway trips, handling that belies it's bulk make the Suburban a valued addition to my fleet, as well as having ROOOM to spare!!!

OLD FAITHFUL
By alfonso ortiz on 10/27/09 19:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Suburbans are great, if i could afford another one i would jump on it. I have driven my truck from Texas to Cali several times. i have done a paper route to over the road driving, to hauling couches on top, and sheetrock inside, all with no major problems. Chevy makes a cheap intake manifold gasket. i finally had to replace. and now my shift solenoid is out. in 2009 great 5.7L power. cowboy conversion package was worth it.

Exceptional
By carguy45 on 10/09/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my first car. It is almost 15 years old and is still running well. It has about 180,000 miles and had no major work done. It gets 13mpg around town. It's great around town, but I would not trust it on long trips. A few years back we drove it constantly back and forth on road trips. The paint is showing wear. Door hinges on driver and passenger side need replaced once and awhile. This thing goes through brakes like nobodies business. I've replaced spark plugs a number of times and power steering hose needed replaced. Interior is made with really cheap plastic. Plus every time you hit a bump the truck shakes like a carnival ride. Other than that it is a great truck for being so old.

What do you want for a big vehicle
By Happy Family on 08/03/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the car with 113,000 miles. Had a mechanic friend look it over, Runs great, did a few things to it just to maintain for safety reasons, very easy to work on, did most of the work myself. Now with 195,000 and still no oil leaks just replaced the air-conditioner lines to the back plus rear compressor, cost $1400., but cheaper than a car payment. Hope to have for another 100,000 if body doesn't rust out first. Gotta love the Midwest with all the salt in winter time. Rides great, oil changes religiously every 3,000 miles. Gas is costly, but the ride is worth it!!!!

Worst I've ever owned
By Large on 01/23/09 15:48 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Purchased it used with ~80,000 miles in 2002. Felt comfortable doing this as I purchased it from the 1st owner that had all service records (dealer maintained). The engine failed at 92k miles. Replaced it with a new GM crate motor (5.7L). From there, it has been one constant failure after another. It now has $187,000 miles, but has had literally everything under the hood replaced (2 a/c compressors)as well as a transimission overhaul last month. I lost my shirt on this vehicle and am forced to keep it given what I've had to invest. I'll donate it later this year to a charity as I can't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith.

Best We've Ever Had
By American Beauty on 09/18/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

4DR K2500 4WD is what sold me plus the 454 power. Not afaid to pull anything {within it's ranges}. Purchaced mi. of 169K did'nt bother my choice. I figured it was just broke in good. It's 300K+ mi.capable in my opinion. GM has a good line here, wished I'd started driving them sooner. We get comments still about how good it looks.

Sold on Suburbans
By Sam on 08/27/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I love my Suburban. It has been very solid, with no real issues for over 7 years. Therer have been the expected battery, alternator replacements, that wear out over the years. I've got 230k miles and it's still great for hauling my crew around, and I trust it over long hauls still.