1994 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Many new parts, still runs str

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Many new parts, still runs strong
By byrofree on

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought in 1999 with 100k. I replaced transmission at 125k and a year later the transfer case went out and threw metal into the transmission. I had to buy another tranny and a new transfer case. Replaced water pump, belt, hoses, radiator, AC blower, brakes, rotors. The paint is flaking as I keep it outside. Recovered front seat cushions with leatherette. Previous owner put a Jacobs hot ignition in it, K&N filter and flowmaster exhaust with 3" pipe and adds a lot of pep. He said sluggish before also helped with gas mileage 17 on hwy. Has 32" tires on a 3" body lift. Never had a drop of trouble with engine. I am about to change starter as solenoid going bad.

Roomy. Low 4wd will pull a house. My 32" tires and 3" lift help it go anywhere. Reliable engine, big gas tank for long range driving. Cheap parts readily available. Good handling, braking and comfortable seats. Big payload, removable back seat, split fold second seat.

Paint needs to be bonded to primer better as it is flaking away.