1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Just getting better with time
By Lowrider on 02/26/05 14:20 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I purposely looked for a 2 wheel drive Suburban and was fortunate enough to find this one. The previous owner kept it in immaculate condition and repair....I purchased it for $6000 and was very happy to purchase at that price. I've used it to move my daughter, my mother, my nephews, and friends. I've trailered Harleys to several events and this truck just kepts getting better with time. I currently have 142,000 miles on it. On the road towing at 65-75 I get 13-15 mpg, without towing 15-17 mpg. Around town 13mpg is about norm. I've thought of purchasing a newer model, but everytime I take a ride, that thought quickly leaves. Once you own one, watch out, Very Habit forming!

Great truck to have...countless uses.
By Bowmanator on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This a great vehicle to own, especially with a family of 5 and a dog. Road trips.....no problem. Just had the water pump and alternator replaced at 120000 miles, everthing else is working wonderfully. Smooth ride, this thing cruises stealthly at 75 on the freeway, a full tank of gas will get you nearly 650 miles on the freeway. Scheduled maitinence and no misuse or abuse will make a long lifetime for this massive suv.

Big Red
By Sonny and Colleen on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

With the exception of have an intermittent distributor problem, Big Red has been a blessing to out family.

It's been good to me.
By Big Chuck on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this Suburban from a private party in 1996 with 34,000 miles on it. I use it mostly driving solo, but do, on occasion, haul a 29' trailer behind. I don't think you can beat the ride and comfort. Gas mileage has averaged 13-14 with mostly city driving, but have gotten about 18 on expressway driving at 70-75 mph with the cruise on. I've got just over 148,000 on this now and am considering switching to a truck so that I can tow a 5th wheel.

Owner
By tomo on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Great truck, total of 187K miles and still running strong.

BEST SUV AROUND
By CHIZZNAPP on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I BOUGHT MY BURBEN WITH 149,000 MILES ON IT. IT HAS BEEN GREAT I HAD THE FAN IN THE AC BROKE REPLACED IT MY SELF 40.00. IT NOW HAS 185,000 RUNS LIKE NEW LOVE IT I WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYBODY STRONG RUNNING BEST VEHICAL I EVER OWNED ......

Second Suburban
By furncliff on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

This 94 is a big improvement over my 87. Much better ride and control. Quieter. More comfortable. Huge interior, power to pull a trailer.Bought used and couldn't choose a color but very happy with silver metalic, since it keeps the interior much cooler in southern summers.

Almost 10 years, and running strong...
By GMatt on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

My K1500 has held up mighty fine over the past 10 years. The 4x4 is strong, and when hunting, the auto-lockers come in handy so that I don't have to hop out and do it myself. The ride is comfortable for the freeway, the kids can stay calm in the back, and there is plenty of room in my un-tinted rig!

The 'barg
By Lanbarg94 on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Best vehicle I've had in a long time. Plenty of power. Plenty of room. lots of versitility. plus the two tone Black/gold paint is sweet.

1994 Suburban
By cantorhome on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Although the gas mileage for this car is not very good, installing a K&N air filter seems to have made a considerable difference. This SUV is the perfect "family car". Tons of room for kids in the back two seats and great for transporting items. We recently purchased a new refrigerator and it fit in the back with the 3rd seat removed and the 2nd seat tilted down.