Used 1994 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Most Helpful|
Just getting better with time
By Lowrider

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I purposely looked for a 2 wheel drive Suburban and was fortunate enough to find this one. The previous owner kept it in immaculate condition and repair....I purchased it for $6000 and was very happy to purchase at that price. I've used it to move my daughter, my mother, my nephews, and friends. I've trailered Harleys to several events and this truck just kepts getting better with time. I currently have 142,000 miles on it. On the road towing at 65-75 I get 13-15 mpg, without towing 15-17 mpg. Around town 13mpg is about norm. I've thought of purchasing a newer model, but everytime I take a ride, that thought quickly leaves. Once you own one, watch out, Very Habit forming!

Favorite Features

Space Comfort Usability

Suggested Improvements

None

Almost 10 years, and running strong...
By GMatt

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

My K1500 has held up mighty fine over the past 10 years. The 4x4 is strong, and when hunting, the auto-lockers come in handy so that I don't have to hop out and do it myself. The ride is comfortable for the freeway, the kids can stay calm in the back, and there is plenty of room in my un-tinted rig!

Favorite Features

My model is the lowest base price (almost!) we're talking, no tint, no CD, no leather, no NADA! But the front bench seat is probably one of my favorite things about my burby, seating 9 comes in handy quite often!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage of course, but what can you do with a 5.7 V8, not much! Other than that, a raised body of a few inches would be nice without having to strap on a body lift!

The 'barg
By Lanbarg94

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Best vehicle I've had in a long time. Plenty of power. Plenty of room. lots of versitility. plus the two tone Black/gold paint is sweet.

Favorite Features

Dual air and the 3rd row. we travel alot and that is great for the kids, plus all the room in the back for gear.

Suggested Improvements

Placement of original tape deck was a pain to operate. Window locks from the drivers console.

Great truck to have...countless uses.
By Bowmanator

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This a great vehicle to own, especially with a family of 5 and a dog. Road trips.....no problem. Just had the water pump and alternator replaced at 120000 miles, everthing else is working wonderfully. Smooth ride, this thing cruises stealthly at 75 on the freeway, a full tank of gas will get you nearly 650 miles on the freeway. Scheduled maitinence and no misuse or abuse will make a long lifetime for this massive suv.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive is great, handling is incredible for such a big rig

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, but what can you do with a 5000+ pounds vehicle. (shrug)

Second Suburban
By furncliff

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

This 94 is a big improvement over my 87. Much better ride and control. Quieter. More comfortable. Huge interior, power to pull a trailer.Bought used and couldn't choose a color but very happy with silver metalic, since it keeps the interior much cooler in southern summers.

Favorite Features

I love being able to slide 4X8 plywood and sheetrock in the back. Very comfortable ride and good control for a tank like this.

Suggested Improvements

Gas milage. I get 14-15. Will try K&N air filters mentioned here.