1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Moved to the Burbs
By mannysburban on 08/16/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

After being afraid to buy American I stumbled upon a fully loaded 94 Suburban silverado package. This is my dream car. All I have done to the vehicle is replace the fuel pump, power steering hose, and those aluminum brackets that hold the alternator and power steering. My gas milage is around 11 due to a flowmaster exhaust and I also recommend turning the top piece of your air filter cover upside down and then screwing it on to get a more even pull. I really like the roominess and it is great for trips from Tulsa to Oklahoma City. If you can find one in decent condition buy it. The best thing is that most parts are affordable and good mechanic will save you lots. Happy driving

Love My Burb!!
By JD on 12/21/09 06:10 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this truck in 1996 w/ 38000 miles on it. It was very well maintained and has been a wonderful vehicle. It has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned, just change tires, brakes, oil and it will seemingly go on forever,(I did have the transmission rebuilt at 150k). I actually considered trading it in during the Cash 4 Clunkers promotion but couldn't bring myself to do it. It has been paid for for 11 years and still runs strong and looks great. Never replaced a headlight or taillight bulb. Yes the mileage is not the greatest but it is comfortable, dependable and bulletproof and I intend to keep it till it dies but then I have been saying that for several years :)

1994 Suburban 2 wheel
By aloanagain on 07/28/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I bought the car in 1999 with 49,000 miles on it. Now in 2009 it has 170,000. It is the best car. It is so reliable and strong. I have hauled everything over the years and if it does not fit in the back then it goes on top: from a 14 foot Christmas tree to 15 foot metal cattle panels to stoves, dishwashers, dining room furniture in the boxes etc. The engine leaks not a drop of oil, I can't believe it. But radiator fluid leaks on the top of the engine but I lived with that for 70,000 miles. It is such a good car. Now I have teenagers driving it a few miles to school and college. I am looking at the cash for clunkers program and the added Texas program. Hum...keep up with the Jones or not...

Looking, But Nothing Comes Close. Love It
By SiasSr on 09/14/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Every now and then I get the urge to buy something smaller, more fuel efficient, and newer, but then I read all the horror stories about crappy engines, failed transmissions and nightmare dealer service and I thank God for my Suburban. I've had this truck since 03/2001, and it has been nothing but awesome. I have fixed a couple of leaks, the door hinges, replaced radiator, and replaced the water pump in nearly 6 years. Reliable, strong, and comfortable are trademarks of this truck. MPG isn't great, but who buys a Suburban for MPG. Drop your foot and hold on. You can't kill this truck. I love it.

Just getting better with time
By Lowrider on 02/26/05 14:20 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I purposely looked for a 2 wheel drive Suburban and was fortunate enough to find this one. The previous owner kept it in immaculate condition and repair....I purchased it for $6000 and was very happy to purchase at that price. I've used it to move my daughter, my mother, my nephews, and friends. I've trailered Harleys to several events and this truck just kepts getting better with time. I currently have 142,000 miles on it. On the road towing at 65-75 I get 13-15 mpg, without towing 15-17 mpg. Around town 13mpg is about norm. I've thought of purchasing a newer model, but everytime I take a ride, that thought quickly leaves. Once you own one, watch out, Very Habit forming!

Big Red
By Sonny and Colleen on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

With the exception of have an intermittent distributor problem, Big Red has been a blessing to out family.

It's been good to me.
By Big Chuck on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this Suburban from a private party in 1996 with 34,000 miles on it. I use it mostly driving solo, but do, on occasion, haul a 29' trailer behind. I don't think you can beat the ride and comfort. Gas mileage has averaged 13-14 with mostly city driving, but have gotten about 18 on expressway driving at 70-75 mph with the cruise on. I've got just over 148,000 on this now and am considering switching to a truck so that I can tow a 5th wheel.

BEST SUV AROUND
By CHIZZNAPP on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I BOUGHT MY BURBEN WITH 149,000 MILES ON IT. IT HAS BEEN GREAT I HAD THE FAN IN THE AC BROKE REPLACED IT MY SELF 40.00. IT NOW HAS 185,000 RUNS LIKE NEW LOVE IT I WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYBODY STRONG RUNNING BEST VEHICAL I EVER OWNED ......

Second Suburban
By furncliff on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

This 94 is a big improvement over my 87. Much better ride and control. Quieter. More comfortable. Huge interior, power to pull a trailer.Bought used and couldn't choose a color but very happy with silver metalic, since it keeps the interior much cooler in southern summers.

The 'barg
By Lanbarg94 on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Best vehicle I've had in a long time. Plenty of power. Plenty of room. lots of versitility. plus the two tone Black/gold paint is sweet.