Used 1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

BEST SUV I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!
By DAVID

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV from a teacher I am the 3rd owner. It has the 454 engine and I swear it gets better mpg than the 350. I love this thing for trips to the lake I use it to pull a boat with no problem. Its very easy to fix and maintain. I cant say anything bad about this vehicle and its a Chevy so enough said.....

Moved to the Burbs
By mannysburban

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

After being afraid to buy American I stumbled upon a fully loaded 94 Suburban silverado package.
This is my dream car. All I have done to the vehicle is replace the fuel pump, power steering hose, and those aluminum brackets that hold the alternator and power steering.
My gas milage is around 11 due to a flowmaster exhaust and I also recommend turning the top piece of your air filter cover upside down and then screwing it on to get a more even pull.
I really like the roominess and it is great for trips from Tulsa to Oklahoma City.
If you can find one in decent condition buy it.
The best thing is that most parts are affordable and good mechanic will save you lots. Happy driving

power seats, tow package, rear a/c controls

continue to make 'em like they did in the 90's

Great vehicle
By Aj

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Em 16 and my mom gave it to me it has been in my family for 10 years now and has about 220k miles on it and its still running like a champ. very reliable i put a 6 in lift on it and have 35" tires and a new exhaust to get that beats sound all my friends love it. i love this car and wouldn't sell it for anything the only thing i had to it was i got the transmission rebuilt about 3 months ago and replaced a pulley. All in all its a great car

power, size, and comfort

Gas mileage

Love my K1500 Suburban
By kostura

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

i love my suburban i have had no serious problems with it at all. i picked it out when i was about 5 years old when my parents where looking to buy a new vehicle and needless to say it has lasted threw everything my parents used it for and was passed to me when i turned 16. i have used it for long distance trips and as an everyday driver since i got it a few years back and it is unmatched in driver and passenger comfort. i personally prefer it over driving my mothers 2003 Tahoe. If anyone is looking into buying a 94 that looks to be in good shape i say go for it it's an awesome vehicle and you won't be disappointed.

4x4!, folding 2nd row and removable 3rd row seats, powerful 5.7 350 small block!

Just do anything you can to improve the gas mileage, do a cold air intake or just keep the air filter clean and the tires inflated correctly.

My old 'burban
By nahjdh

1994 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C2500 4dr SUV

I have 3/4 ton with the 6.5 TD. Although I've had to do quite a bit of repair work to it (A/C compressor and coils, turbo waste gate, engine & tranny mounts, fuel lines, oil lines, harmonic balancer and a few others) I'd say it's mostly because the truck is old and has over 200,000 miles on it. Engine runs like a top, absolutely no blowby and the tranny is rock solid. I've made several trips from TX to TN, driven it from PA to TX, pretty much all over the place. Most comfortable highway cruiser hands down. Had to change the final gears to 3.73 from 4.10 for better mileage. Now I get a whopping 17-19ish mpg on the highway at 65.

you can carry anything in this truck. Fit 3 kids in car seats, wife and I, our dog and mother-in-law plus luggage with room to spare. very comfortable and amazing highway range with 42 gal tank, rear A/C for the kiddos for hot southern summers

lower final drive ratio for better economy would have been nice. Only options were 4:10 gears and 3:73 it would have been nice if 3:43 were available