1994 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Moved to the Burbs
By mannysburban on 08/16/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

After being afraid to buy American I stumbled upon a fully loaded 94 Suburban silverado package. This is my dream car. All I have done to the vehicle is replace the fuel pump, power steering hose, and those aluminum brackets that hold the alternator and power steering. My gas milage is around 11 due to a flowmaster exhaust and I also recommend turning the top piece of your air filter cover upside down and then screwing it on to get a more even pull. I really like the roominess and it is great for trips from Tulsa to Oklahoma City. If you can find one in decent condition buy it. The best thing is that most parts are affordable and good mechanic will save you lots. Happy driving

Great vehicle
By Aj on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Em 16 and my mom gave it to me it has been in my family for 10 years now and has about 220k miles on it and its still running like a champ. very reliable i put a 6 in lift on it and have 35" tires and a new exhaust to get that beats sound all my friends love it. i love this car and wouldn't sell it for anything the only thing i had to it was i got the transmission rebuilt about 3 months ago and replaced a pulley. All in all its a great car

Love my K1500 Suburban
By kostura on 07/27/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

i love my suburban i have had no serious problems with it at all. i picked it out when i was about 5 years old when my parents where looking to buy a new vehicle and needless to say it has lasted threw everything my parents used it for and was passed to me when i turned 16. i have used it for long distance trips and as an everyday driver since i got it a few years back and it is unmatched in driver and passenger comfort. i personally prefer it over driving my mothers 2003 Tahoe. If anyone is looking into buying a 94 that looks to be in good shape i say go for it it's an awesome vehicle and you won't be disappointed.

My old 'burban
By nahjdh on 03/02/10 19:47 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 4dr SUV

I have 3/4 ton with the 6.5 TD. Although I've had to do quite a bit of repair work to it (A/C compressor and coils, turbo waste gate, engine & tranny mounts, fuel lines, oil lines, harmonic balancer and a few others) I'd say it's mostly because the truck is old and has over 200,000 miles on it. Engine runs like a top, absolutely no blowby and the tranny is rock solid. I've made several trips from TX to TN, driven it from PA to TX, pretty much all over the place. Most comfortable highway cruiser hands down. Had to change the final gears to 3.73 from 4.10 for better mileage. Now I get a whopping 17-19ish mpg on the highway at 65.

Love My Burb!!
By JD on 12/21/09 06:10 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this truck in 1996 w/ 38000 miles on it. It was very well maintained and has been a wonderful vehicle. It has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned, just change tires, brakes, oil and it will seemingly go on forever,(I did have the transmission rebuilt at 150k). I actually considered trading it in during the Cash 4 Clunkers promotion but couldn't bring myself to do it. It has been paid for for 11 years and still runs strong and looks great. Never replaced a headlight or taillight bulb. Yes the mileage is not the greatest but it is comfortable, dependable and bulletproof and I intend to keep it till it dies but then I have been saying that for several years :)

1994 Suburban 2 wheel
By aloanagain on 07/28/09 11:22 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I bought the car in 1999 with 49,000 miles on it. Now in 2009 it has 170,000. It is the best car. It is so reliable and strong. I have hauled everything over the years and if it does not fit in the back then it goes on top: from a 14 foot Christmas tree to 15 foot metal cattle panels to stoves, dishwashers, dining room furniture in the boxes etc. The engine leaks not a drop of oil, I can't believe it. But radiator fluid leaks on the top of the engine but I lived with that for 70,000 miles. It is such a good car. Now I have teenagers driving it a few miles to school and college. I am looking at the cash for clunkers program and the added Texas program. Hum...keep up with the Jones or not...

Loved my Sub!
By SUBMOM on 08/06/08 11:18 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

This was a great ride. It was diesel and we got 24 HWY, 20 city. We did get rid of it after it got well over 2000,000 miles. The underneath was needing a lot of new parts replaced. Now after buying a gas 1999 Sub, I wish we would have fixed our old one. Besides great gas mileage, and power, it looked great. We did have to replace the brakes, and we had fuel and air problems at first, but once we figured them out, it was a great experience. There is more room in a 3/4 ton than in a 1/2 ton. The 94 is built much better also.

Best vehicle built
By Olson_2009 on 05/12/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

These vehicles are awesome. I have no troubles in mud or snow, everyone calls me when they get stuck to pull them out. My Suburban has enough weight to get get traction better than any truck. The only drawback is gas mileage. You can haul many people around.

Many new parts, still runs strong
By byrofree on 01/18/07 19:59 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought in 1999 with 100k. I replaced transmission at 125k and a year later the transfer case went out and threw metal into the transmission. I had to buy another tranny and a new transfer case. Replaced water pump, belt, hoses, radiator, AC blower, brakes, rotors. The paint is flaking as I keep it outside. Recovered front seat cushions with leatherette. Previous owner put a Jacobs hot ignition in it, K&N filter and flowmaster exhaust with 3" pipe and adds a lot of pep. He said sluggish before also helped with gas mileage 17 on hwy. Has 32" tires on a 3" body lift. Never had a drop of trouble with engine. I am about to change starter as solenoid going bad.

Looking, But Nothing Comes Close. Love It
By SiasSr on 09/14/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Every now and then I get the urge to buy something smaller, more fuel efficient, and newer, but then I read all the horror stories about crappy engines, failed transmissions and nightmare dealer service and I thank God for my Suburban. I've had this truck since 03/2001, and it has been nothing but awesome. I have fixed a couple of leaks, the door hinges, replaced radiator, and replaced the water pump in nearly 6 years. Reliable, strong, and comfortable are trademarks of this truck. MPG isn't great, but who buys a Suburban for MPG. Drop your foot and hold on. You can't kill this truck. I love it.