1993 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Review: Favorite Hand-Me-Down

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Review

Favorite Hand-Me-Down
By luke on

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Got my license and wasn't looking forward to driving "the beast". After about 3 weeks, it grew on me. It's been the greatest truck ever! Gas stinks, but its got a 42 gal tank, fill it on Sunday, drive for miles.Took it mudding (2WD) and it did just fine. A slight pain in the snow, but once you get used to it, sandbags aren't even needed. Performance is solid, but I could use 15-20 more horses and lb-ft each. Having front and mid bench is awesome, and having the back open is even better. Rides great on long trips so well I've gone to pick up friends 150 miles away at school just to drive it long distance. Overall I'd glad I was given it, and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon, even with 160k on it!

The room is the biggest thing. The bullet-proof 350 small-block V-8 from Chevy, legendary and still solid at 160k. The ride over long distances. Feeling safe in a big truck. Surprising fun factor.

Little more power, other than that, flawless.