Used 1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Still a great truck
By Bullwinkle

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought used with 114,000 miles. Only major repair was the transmission replaced at no cost (previous owner had replaced it shortly before.) I drive it about 12,000 miles/year and it's very cheap to drive. I fix a few things on it each year, but it's much cheaper than my other cars (used Hondas which I finally gave up on.) Gas mileage is about 14 mpg which is great considering it's mostly around town. Still get 17-18 mpg on long trips, even with 199,000 miles on it, and it runs great. I'm 6'5" tall and can stretch my legs fully out while driving. It's like driving my couch. Finally with a 43 gallon tank, the range is incredible. My best is 720 miles on one tank (Jacksonville, FL to northern VA)

Great room, great ride, very quiet, huge gas tank, cheap to repair. 350 V- 8 is hard to beat. Tires wear forever (60,000 miles) Always starts easily. Great in the snow and for towing.

Improve the feel of steering and brakes- feels like a truck. Improve interior trim quality, and eliminate rattles.

Gotta love a big SUV
By Jared Packer

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

i absolutly love my Suburban! It has handled everything I could throw at it from mudding (its a 2wd) to looking cool at the local burger joint! When I first got my 'Burb, I was wanting to get a Chevy C1500 extended cab truck, but after an hour of driving my Suburban, I was so glad I didn't!

Size! I can haul everything I need to plus passengers!

Airbag suspension. 22 or 24" rims. A large, loud, annoying sound system, and candy paint!

Best vehicle I ever had
By martinez

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of room, and a beautiful exterior. It's great for any kind of weather. An all around great car. I totally regret not getting one any sooner.

The looks. The interior room. 4x4 drive

The only thing I would change would be the engine to an optional V-6. You dont need that big of an engine on a family car.

Eva's review
By eva

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Our 93 Suburban has 198,000 miles we had no major breakdowns or problems with it. It still runs like the day we got it more than 10 years ago. At that time there was no rear heat or A/C so it gets somewhat cold back there, but everything else is just great. Very dependable SUV. I do not fly in planes so we have traveled for many hours to Canada, Texas, Florida and other states. This model is also heavier than the newer ones which makes it safer. Everytime we go to dealer to buy a new one we change our minds because of the way the older one is build. Solid, Reliable.

Heavy duty, dependable. No air bag in passenger front seat. Much more space in the 93 than the newer models.

Reduce the noise for A/C and heating on the new Suburban models. More leg space in the new ones could be a plus.

Sturdy Truck w/some probs
By REK3

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a sturdy truck. The problems I
have had are often cooling system
related. The entire system has been
redone twice in 3-years, including
three times for the rear heater core.
(Consumer Reports notes the cooling
system as problem area for the
1993's.) Also, fuel mileage with the
454 ranges from 9-12, averaging 10
mpg. Finally, the engine does not
perform as one might expect a from
454. I will try to upgrade the exhaust
to help it breath. Worthless trade-in
value for the Cheyanne model, but
otherwise a good ranch truck.

Sturdy suspension, frame, transmission. This thing can tow a house up a mountian.

Cooling system (prone to failure) and exhaust (too restictive - needs to breath better).