Used 1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Still a great truck
By Bullwinkle on 07/12/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought used with 114,000 miles. Only major repair was the transmission replaced at no cost (previous owner had replaced it shortly before.) I drive it about 12,000 miles/year and it's very cheap to drive. I fix a few things on it each year, but it's much cheaper than my other cars (used Hondas which I finally gave up on.) Gas mileage is about 14 mpg which is great considering it's mostly around town. Still get 17-18 mpg on long trips, even with 199,000 miles on it, and it runs great. I'm 6'5" tall and can stretch my legs fully out while driving. It's like driving my couch. Finally with a 43 gallon tank, the range is incredible. My best is 720 miles on one tank (Jacksonville, FL to northern VA)

Gotta love a big SUV
By Jared Packer on 06/30/05 04:59 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

i absolutly love my Suburban! It has handled everything I could throw at it from mudding (its a 2wd) to looking cool at the local burger joint! When I first got my 'Burb, I was wanting to get a Chevy C1500 extended cab truck, but after an hour of driving my Suburban, I was so glad I didn't!

Best vehicle I ever had
By martinez on 02/17/05 23:26 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of room, and a beautiful exterior. It's great for any kind of weather. An all around great car. I totally regret not getting one any sooner.

Eva's review
By eva on 12/27/04 22:28 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Our 93 Suburban has 198,000 miles we had no major breakdowns or problems with it. It still runs like the day we got it more than 10 years ago. At that time there was no rear heat or A/C so it gets somewhat cold back there, but everything else is just great. Very dependable SUV. I do not fly in planes so we have traveled for many hours to Canada, Texas, Florida and other states. This model is also heavier than the newer ones which makes it safer. Everytime we go to dealer to buy a new one we change our minds because of the way the older one is build. Solid, Reliable.

Sturdy Truck w/some probs
By REK3 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a sturdy truck. The problems I have had are often cooling system related. The entire system has been redone twice in 3-years, including three times for the rear heater core. (Consumer Reports notes the cooling system as problem area for the 1993's.) Also, fuel mileage with the 454 ranges from 9-12, averaging 10 mpg. Finally, the engine does not perform as one might expect a from 454. I will try to upgrade the exhaust to help it breath. Worthless trade-in value for the Cheyanne model, but otherwise a good ranch truck.

1993 Suburban
By Sammmy on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Great truck, has over 140,000 miles. Only problems: rebuild trans at 112,000 and intake manifold gasget at 115,000. Still running strong at 16.6 mpg highway, 14 mpg city.

King of the road
By he's alive on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Great on the highway.loves to be off road... Very dependable in the snow...Good towing,Have Paint Contracting buisness pull a trailer 10'Loaded with gear,can hardly tell it's there! Off road in the winter hunting No problems!

more gm garbage
By machturtle on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

major components breaking down and requiring repair constantly, expensive to work on and expensive parts, never buy without an extended warranty, a good mechanic and more patience than i have i am buying toyota or honda next

i like it
By eurosport on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

very reliable. i put 220000miles but still running great. very comfortable. long road trip is easier with this. handle very well on off-roads and snow. i lived in Colorado for 2 years with this truck. i was very suprised when i took it for off-roading... there was no limit for this suburban. i had to drive through snowy pass every weekend for snowboarding... very safe.

Our own personal Limo
By W.D. on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C2500 4dr SUV

Since Day 1 this truck has been joy to drive. It eats road miles with NO problems at all. Around town isn't super but for a heavy vehicle it's very OK. We like it so much my wife has refused a New Suburban!