Used 1993 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I love my 'Burban!
By shaun

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Awesome truck! Best vehicle that i have ever owned. Purchased in '04 with about 225K. 265K miles and still going strong. Have had cooling issues though...radiator, heater core, etc. This truck is a tank and i love it. The only thing I would trade it for is a newer one. With K&N filter and flowmaster exhaust, i get 20mpg on the highway! Thats a Chevrolet for you!

Exterior styling, lots of room under the hood to do regular maintenance, reliability

Power steering is a little weak, 5.7 litre is starting to show its age in 2007.

From Mini Van Hell to Suburban Heaven
By irishdaddyo

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

The Voyager died with 2 payments left on it. We needed a bus to cart around our 5 children. The trendy friends were aghast. Everyone said we had lost our marbles. This is the greatest vehicle! Inside is bigger than a studio apartment and kids can't touch each other. There's tons of room for bikes, groceries, tools, lumber, you name it. It chews up the highway, gets better mileage than my new Ram 1500 V6. Goes anywhere! 4x4 so I'll never have to worry about the "S" word again! It's heavy and safe. It's so comfortable, we nicknamed it the "Big Comfy Couch". Its bright red paint gets us confused for a fire vehicle! The best $2800 I've ever spent. Let the Yuppies sneer, we'll eat their Rendevous!

4 wheel drive, factory towing package. 3 rows of seating that can legally carry 9 (probably 12-15). A solid 350! Great comfort, You can see for miles! Roof racks, running boards (great for the kids and Grandma getting in and out!) Power! It can pull anything, even a dead Plymouth to the junkyard!

Tape player! (Agggh were did I put my 80's collection!) A/C pump, and little pin pricks of rust starting around the fender wells. Tire in the cargo area.

Favorite Hand-Me-Down
By luke

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Got my license and wasn't looking forward to driving "the beast". After about 3 weeks, it grew on me. It's been the greatest truck ever! Gas stinks, but its got a 42 gal tank, fill it on Sunday, drive for miles.Took it mudding (2WD) and it did just fine. A slight pain in the snow, but once you get used to it, sandbags aren't even needed. Performance is solid, but I could use 15-20 more horses and lb-ft each. Having front and mid bench is awesome, and having the back open is even better. Rides great on long trips so well I've gone to pick up friends 150 miles away at school just to drive it long distance. Overall I'd glad I was given it, and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon, even with 160k on it!

The room is the biggest thing. The bullet-proof 350 small-block V-8 from Chevy, legendary and still solid at 160k. The ride over long distances. Feeling safe in a big truck. Surprising fun factor.

Little more power, other than that, flawless.

Gotta love a big SUV
By Jared Packer

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

i absolutly love my Suburban! It has handled everything I could throw at it from mudding (its a 2wd) to looking cool at the local burger joint! When I first got my 'Burb, I was wanting to get a Chevy C1500 extended cab truck, but after an hour of driving my Suburban, I was so glad I didn't!

Size! I can haul everything I need to plus passengers!

Airbag suspension. 22 or 24" rims. A large, loud, annoying sound system, and candy paint!

1993 Suburban
By Sammmy

1993 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Great truck, has over 140,000 miles. Only problems: rebuild trans at 112,000 and intake manifold gasget at 115,000. Still running strong at 16.6 mpg highway, 14 mpg city.

Comfortable ride on long trips

Wouldn't change a thing