1993 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
baddest burban in florida!!
By towman813 on 02/22/12 10:44 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

love my 93 burban 4wd it does everything ive asked it to! from hauling my 5 kids around to hauling my boat! we loaded it down from tampa to greensborugh,nc on vacation and only burned 350.00 for gas last year at 3.45 gallon never been happier with my chevy! longest lasting most dependable truck on the road! even after the end of the world according to chevrolet commecial well, if thats the case i'll be in mine,lol

Best Large SUV Made!
By Shaun on 01/08/09 22:42 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Suburban as a salvage title and put a new front clip on it and been loving it ever since! Added an LT1 roller cam and Edelbrock intake to milk some extra fuel eco out of it and it is just great. Gets 18+ mpg on the highway, its nice and cozy, and there is tons of room. I recently had to replace the catalytic converter as it has 180,000 miles on it by my choice as it is not required and also added a Flowmaster muffler. The 350 runs great with stock TBI and 4L60E trans which I installed a TransGo Shift Kit. It has most of the orig paint and has very little rust. Engine is all original but the trans was done before I got it. My main problem is a water leak by the tailgate. A++

Suburban
By louie on 10/15/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the Suburban almost a year ago and have not had a single problem out of the vehicle. The guy I purchased it from worked for a GM dealership and was the original owner of the truck. He had the engine and transmission and transfer case replaced at 45000 miles under factory warranty due to anoverheating problem. The engine and drive train now only have 55000 miles on them and perform perfectly. I use the vehicle to take my family around and also to pull my ski boat. The only flaw on the vehicle is the fuel mileage but you do not purchase a vehicle like this to get gas mileage.

Love my 'burban
By kevin on 09/17/08 21:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

Brougth it 2 years ago. It has a 454ci. Best truck I've ever had. Strong. We get lots of snow in the winter. This is by far the safest truck I've ever had. Wish every one of my friends would have one

The best car in the world
By Billy on 07/15/08 09:14 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle runs strong at 162,000 miles. Had to replace the power steering about 30,000 miles ago and recently had to replace it again but the mechanic was a crook. GM designed a magnificent car when they made the 1993 Chevy Suburban.

Clear
By mycarrocks on 06/10/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Suburban new in 1993. We still love it dearly. It is an awesome car, the bad thing is it gets 12mpg city.

I love my 'Burban!
By shaun on 10/27/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Awesome truck! Best vehicle that i have ever owned. Purchased in '04 with about 225K. 265K miles and still going strong. Have had cooling issues though...radiator, heater core, etc. This truck is a tank and i love it. The only thing I would trade it for is a newer one. With K&N filter and flowmaster exhaust, i get 20mpg on the highway! Thats a Chevrolet for you!

From Mini Van Hell to Suburban Heaven
By irishdaddyo on 11/14/06 09:16 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

The Voyager died with 2 payments left on it. We needed a bus to cart around our 5 children. The trendy friends were aghast. Everyone said we had lost our marbles. This is the greatest vehicle! Inside is bigger than a studio apartment and kids can't touch each other. There's tons of room for bikes, groceries, tools, lumber, you name it. It chews up the highway, gets better mileage than my new Ram 1500 V6. Goes anywhere! 4x4 so I'll never have to worry about the "S" word again! It's heavy and safe. It's so comfortable, we nicknamed it the "Big Comfy Couch". Its bright red paint gets us confused for a fire vehicle! The best $2800 I've ever spent. Let the Yuppies sneer, we'll eat their Rendevous!

Ford Man No More
By Carlo DeVito Jr on 08/12/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always had Ford Bronco's but this truck is great. I have 4 kids and there is a ton of room. Snow, what snow? The truck is great. Tow anything and don't even feel it.

Favorite Hand-Me-Down
By luke on 05/03/06 21:55 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Got my license and wasn't looking forward to driving "the beast". After about 3 weeks, it grew on me. It's been the greatest truck ever! Gas stinks, but its got a 42 gal tank, fill it on Sunday, drive for miles.Took it mudding (2WD) and it did just fine. A slight pain in the snow, but once you get used to it, sandbags aren't even needed. Performance is solid, but I could use 15-20 more horses and lb-ft each. Having front and mid bench is awesome, and having the back open is even better. Rides great on long trips so well I've gone to pick up friends 150 miles away at school just to drive it long distance. Overall I'd glad I was given it, and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon, even with 160k on it!