Used 1993 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

baddest burban in florida!!
By towman813

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

love my 93 burban 4wd it does everything ive asked it to! from hauling my 5 kids around to hauling my boat! we loaded it down from tampa to greensborugh,nc on vacation and only burned 350.00 for gas last year at 3.45 gallon never been happier with my chevy! longest lasting most dependable truck on the road! even after the end of the world according to chevrolet commecial well, if thats the case i'll be in mine,lol

Favorite Features

everything!

Suggested Improvements

nothing!

Best Large SUV Made!
By Shaun

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Suburban as a salvage title and put a new front clip on it and been loving it ever since! Added an LT1 roller cam and Edelbrock intake to milk some extra fuel eco out of it and it is just great. Gets 18+ mpg on the highway, its nice and cozy, and there is tons of room. I recently had to replace the catalytic converter as it has 180,000 miles on it by my choice as it is not required and also added a Flowmaster muffler. The 350 runs great with stock TBI and 4L60E trans which I installed a TransGo Shift Kit. It has most of the orig paint and has very little rust. Engine is all original but the trans was done before I got it. My main problem is a water leak by the tailgate. A++

Favorite Features

I love the 4WD even though it goes in snow and stuff great without it. I love the seating capacity as it is great for family outings in even the worst weather.

Suggested Improvements

None really. I love it the way it is

Suburban
By louie

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the Suburban almost a year ago and have not had a single problem out of the vehicle. The guy I purchased it from worked for a GM dealership and was the original owner of the truck. He had the engine and transmission and transfer case replaced at 45000 miles under factory warranty due to anoverheating problem. The engine and drive train now only have 55000 miles on them and perform perfectly. I use the vehicle to take my family around and also to pull my ski boat. The only flaw on the vehicle is the fuel mileage but you do not purchase a vehicle like this to get gas mileage.

Favorite Features

It is roomy and drives great on the highway and in town driving.

Suggested Improvements

I am not sure what they could improve on except maybe fuel mileage. Which is almost impossible considering the size of this truck.

Love my 'burban
By kevin

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

Brougth it 2 years ago. It has a 454ci. Best truck I've ever had. Strong. We get lots of snow in the winter. This is by far the safest truck I've ever had. Wish every one of my friends would have one

Favorite Features

4x4 extremely strong. Excelent towing capacity. Lots of cargo space plus handy roof rack. 454 rocks

Suggested Improvements

Paint starts to peel off. Faulty a/c. Hard on ball joint and tie-rod probably because of the weight. Abit hard on gas. I live in canada. Gas is $1.40/litre. Cost me $220 to fill the tank and it doesn't seem to last that long!

The best car in the world
By Billy

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle runs strong at 162,000 miles. Had to replace the power steering about 30,000 miles ago and recently had to replace it again but the mechanic was a crook. GM designed a magnificent car when they made the 1993 Chevy Suburban.

Favorite Features

Design, size, console storage, and double doors in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Back up lights don't work unless you wiggle the shifter. Could have had a brake light on top. Better paint job.