1992 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
I love my like new '92
By Travis on 08/10/09 18:23 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I found this immaculate all original garage kept suburban with underbody and inner panels all rust proofed I purchased from older gentleman who claimed he never drove it in the rain. I use this vehicle for road trips .I refreshed all fluids and replaced every out dated part.I'd drive it anywhere and have already.I treat this vehicle with love!!And turned down $12000.00 for its resale! I will keep this for as long as I can ,they are just not made this good anymore. Note... after 1994 GM downgraded its interiors quality on these vehicles interior .so this is rare and I love it.

Great Truck
By dekenney on 09/02/06 15:26 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Bought in 2001 from original owner with 118K miles. Put in new transmission at 156K, and other minor usual maintenance items. Engine still runs strong. Hauls all of our stuff on vacations, and decent gas mileage for a large SUV. Usual GM fit/finish issues when it come to the cheap plastics and door panels. Otherwise, its been a great truck. Will eventually replace with something similar.

188,000 and doing well
By goosetowngang on 08/03/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I love this truck! It had 42,000 miles when I bought it in 1995. It has served my family well with many weekend trips and week-long vacations. Plenty of room to spread out and for luggage. It's a good work truck too. Carrying full sheets of drywall is no problem. It uses about .5 quart of oil between changes every 3000-4000 miles. Maintenance is below average. AC has been recharged twice and is currently on it's third summer since the last and blowing very cold. Shocks were replaced at 120000 and rides/handles great. This Suburban is a smooth cruiser at 65.

Great truck!
By Mark Martin on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I purchased this 1992 C1500 HD Suburban in 2000, and have been impressed with the longevity that Chevrolet has built into this model. I have put over 100,000 miles on it in less than 4 years, and have done regular maintenance on it myself. I replaced the alternator three times, and finally went with a lifetime warranty on the latest one. I also had the transmission replaced at 136,000, but that was because of my bad driving habits (towing a loaded trailer up and down hills in O/D)...

Wolf
By Mark Wolfenden on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

The Chevy Suburban is the best vehicle that I have driven of all vehicles that I had had. My next Subburban will be my 4th one and will continue to buy a suburban unless I happen to try something new which is highly unlikely at this point in time.

Still running strong at 265,000 miles
By motorhead on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this Suburban (my third) four years ago with 164,000 miles on it. It was cheap. And it now has 265,000 miles and I have used it and abused it. The engine and trans are the original and have not been rebuilt. I pull a boat and a car hauling trailer. Have had usual maintainance such as brakes, starter, alternator, water pump. The interior is still excellent and the paint is still shiny and attractive. Just returned from an 1800 miles vacation trip and averaged over 19 mpg.

Great Suburban
By MountainFamily on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We have now put over 218,000 miles on our Suburban - without any major repairs. The engine and transmission have required only routine service. I have been diligent about changing fluids, including oil at 3,000 to 4,000 miles. We live at the 8,000 foot elevation level of the Colorado Rockies and the vehicle is unbeatable in snow. Thank you Chevy for a great vehicle!

outstanding vehicle
By achief on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

The 1992 Chevy Suburban has been the most reliable vehicles that I have ever owned. I bought it used with 111,000 miles on it. It has alot of room for my four kids. outside of the basic componits failing; water pump, starter, alt; the engine and transmision has never been broke into. Prices for parts are relatively cheap and easy to install.