Used 1991 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

My Big Baby Boy
By rhystepesh

1991 Chevrolet Suburban SUV V1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1991 Suburban from a mechanic friend of mine as it was all he had that I could afford... and I have not regretted it since. Sure fuel economy is not the greatest, but then it is a 2+ ton vehicle all steel, and very safe. I'm not trading it in for all the cars in the world. Easy to drive, low center of gravity means less likely to roll over, and can take a beating and still keep going. All I need is a kitchen and a bathroom and I'd make him my home. He'll probably become a pile of rusted dust before I think of getting another vehicle. Though I will have to replace the radio eventually, it's the only thing that doesn't work in him.

Favorite Features

Roomy, smooth ride, safe and dependable

Suggested Improvements

nada, hard to improve on such a great carry-all work vehicle.

Safe Truck To Drive
By Cynthia

1991 Chevrolet Suburban SUV V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my '91 Suburban for four years now and I still love it! I come out to the parking lot and there is my black & blue monster truck - his name is Bruiser. He keeps me warm at night, he waits for me no matter how late I am, and he keeps me safe. No one is ever going to hurt me again in this big truck. And there is so much room - whether I am hauling kids or a washing machine. Long interstate drives are a pleasure, and I have slept in the back while camping. If you want a safe vehicle to carry your family in, I sugges

Safe Truck To Drive
By Cynthia

1991 Chevrolet Suburban SUV V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

Favorite Features

Reel light under the hood is the best. The fact that there is plenty of room to work in the engine compartment is a big plus. The four-wheel-drive is easy to use. Seats remove or fold away so it can be used as a great hauler. And with all seats up, my whole family fits in for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Seat adjustments are not the easiest to use. Jack and spare tire are a pain; tend to loosen and make racket while driving. Ashtray is just a tad too far away from the driver. But I would NEVER go back to my old wagon

First suburban won't be the last
By mountain dweller

1991 Chevrolet Suburban SUV V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased it to get the 8 passenger seating plus it came with a plow. Engine is ultra powerful! Tows large loads without complaint. Plows snow without even seeming to notice. My wife loves the thing.

Favorite Features

Space, space, space! For a family of 6 the space compared with a mini-van or ordinary suv can't compare.

Suggested Improvements

Rust protection is the big draw back. there are areas the collect road salt and rot. I have had to do some body work but it is 13 years old. Mechanically an easy car to work on. Everything out in the open with room to get to what you need.

Strong suburban
By TRAILERMAN

1991 Chevrolet Suburban SUV R2500 4dr SUV

We have enjoyed our Suburban very much, the 454 engine has lots of power. I pull a trailer, 8 passengers and 8 bicycles and it flies. Regular repairs and maintenance but at 135,000 it still runs strong. I am very pleased and reccomend anyone to buy one.

Favorite Features

Very roomy, fold down seats and privacy glass

Suggested Improvements

reading lights for the third back seat