1990 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Snow White
By tractornuts on 03/28/10 14:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded for this Suburban 2years ago and since then we drove it about 30.000 miles with a bad knock in the motor and it never used a drop of oil or smoked, nor did it let us down once, it now has a new crate motor, and a new life, I have owned, a lot of car's and now, I wish, I would have just bought one of these first, and saved myself a lot of disappointment, you could not find, a more dependable, comfortable, good looking rig! I will take, mine to my grave, Sorry for anyone who has not discovered their quality.

1990 Suburban 1500
By bigmike on 04/13/09 03:44 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban R1500 4dr SUV

I just bought a suburban with about 160,000 miles on it. It runs well and i hope to get many more miles out of it. I like the feeling on knowing that no one wants to take me on when it comes to cutting off on the highway!

Bertha
By Bertha on 05/21/07 20:44 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban R1500 4dr SUV

I bought her 3 years ago with 83k miles. Has been the best vehicle investment ever made. The mileage is what you would expect, but I drive her everyday and she occasionally tows my boat. Great investment and if I take care of it should last 5-10 more years.

1990 Chevrolet Suburban Performance
By lee ponder on 03/12/07 15:09 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban V1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is extremely comfortable and has excellent space for passengers and hauling materials and equipment. It has done a good job of pulling a horse trailor occassionally. The vehicle has a rebuilt transmission about 2 years old, so the original transmission and engine have held up very well. The gas mileage is around 12 miles per gallon.

Big Bertha
By Boat Puller on 09/26/05 17:57 PM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban R1500 4dr SUV

Purchased "Bertha" as a lake truck/tow vehicle and she became my everyday driver. Only minor wear and tear items replaced; starter, battery, muffler. Bought in 03 with 82k miles.

My truck
By Mr. Mech. Engineer on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban R1500 4dr SUV

I've had this thing since 1989 and the only problems it has ever given me are the water pump broke at 160,000, a bolt in a seat once broke, and a wire from the battery to the starter deteriorated. The combined cost of the last two repairs was under $3.00. It is a great, reliable, and functional truck, and has power to spair. I highly recommend this model

ex-EPA eBay find
By Geres on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

Picked up this ex-EPA vehicle on eBay with 115k miles on it. Truck needed new master cylinder (scary rust) and has valve-train whump at low RPM. Blows smoke upon cold start. Lift gate refused to open as rear body mounts rusted through at the tailpan and body was drooping on the frame. Not many body shops want to tackle such a repair so check carefully for underbody rust before buying.

my third suburban
By fred work horse on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban R1500 4dr SUV

After owning this truck for 5 years the paint job went. I have had 3 suburban. 1977, 1979 and 1990. All three started to leave a blue smoke after starting the truck after 50,000 miles. It goes away. No harm. Dealer said don't wary about it. Otherwise truck run geat. Easy to work on and part are to get.

90 suburban review
By chevygirl on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

This automobile is superb. When driven reasonably, the gas mileage is great considering the size of the vehicle. Custom built models are beyond comfortable with the wide bucket seats, nice console, and a spacious cabin. Overall, this wagon is a very good investment for a family on the go.

happy
By george on 02/26/02 21:54 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Suburban V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

the vehjicle runs and handles great.