2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (12 reviews )
Final Production Run - 6 Speed - SSR
By KenOfAZ on 11/28/08 22:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This red hotrod turns heads. I am always getting compliments on it. The six speed manual shifts very smooth with 5th & 6th gear both overdrives. It takes a lot of revs to get this heavy truck off the line with the 3.73 axle ratio. It needs a lower first gear, or lower rear axle ratio. Gets about 20 MPG at freeway speeds in 6th gear. About 13 MPG in the city. The 400 HP LS2 6 liter engine has great power, but has a lot of weight to pull. So it is pretty quick, almost as fast as my old 345 HP 1998 LS1 Corvette. The truck handles great for a truck, but nothing like a true sports car. It is a lot easier to get in and out of than a Corvette. A future classic.

2006 Chevrolet SSR
By John Scudiero on 04/21/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with my SSR 10 months owned. The SSR is very stylish, peppy, and fun to drive. Mine is yellow and very easy to clean. I can wash, dry and complete the entire interior in about 1-1/2 hrs. The cost of new tires is not as expensive as most think. There are so many gadgets and settings that I have yet to get the full use out of the electronic features, and must spend more time to understand full use. I refuse to put a front license plate on the SSR, as it takes away from the look, even though it's law here in IL. Replacement parts are not readily available, as I have been waiting for a chrome seat ring since purchase. I worry about parts replacement, if an accident occurs.

2006 SSR
By Tom James on 11/15/06 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great drive. Like it much better that our 2005 BMW M-3 convertible. Handles great, holds the road like it's glued on even in heaq\vy Florida rains. Got rid of M-3 now looking for 2nd SSR!

Sweet street rod
By Beach potato on 10/25/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of smiling driving in Fla. with the top down. The exhaust is throaty and has a neat gurgle. Fast as I need. Only problem is Goodyear quit making the tire and the wheel and it won't accept a lot of other makes due to profile. Aqua Blur paint job gets a lot of compliments.

She's So Sweet
By Patricia Perry on 08/07/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my little red roadster for a few days but I'm totally entranced by her. She purrs like a kitten and gallops like a thoroughbred.

SSR with Chrome package and wood trim
By lucky on 08/04/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

One week after I bought it, I took my teenage daughter and headed up to Georgia and South Carolina . The luggage space was excellent and as my daughter put it there was extra space to put the stuff we buy . That was both good and bad if you get my drift.

What a ute!
By The Beast on 06/12/06 01:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This baby hauls. Now just get over it's somewhat goofy looks and listen. I have had this a few months now, no rattles, easy and quick top, plenty of cargo room, sport car ride with an average of 18mpg city and 26 hgwy so far. This one is very fast and is a clever useful car at the same time. Chevy, killer job!

Awsome retro ride
By Thomas on 06/05/06 14:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

See one, want one, buy one. This little truck has a few rattles, but is a lot more comfortable than my S2000, and gets more attention. The gas mileage stinks, but the tank is big, and you don't buy this type of rocket if you're trying to save a few bucks on gas. My other vehicles are not hybrids either.

4 Broken Driveshafts 2 rear ends
By BROKENALLTHETIME on 10/10/05 23:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is a blast to drive. However mine has had 4 driveshafts and numerous amounts of rear end problems. Transmission slips and rear end knocks and leaks fluid. Not what I expected for a $45+ truck. Motor is solid and fun to drive but rear ends and drive shaft cant handle extra output

Fun Ride
By imHarley on 08/03/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Little pickup is just as cool as my Chevy 1948 pro-street rod. I have owned a 2004 Vette and this truck feels better in the turns. It's just a blast to drive on winding roads. And the way it seems like GM put it together, upgrades should be a snap ( ram-air )

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.