Mark's Black Magic
By Mark Steed on
2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I had no intention on buying the SSR but once I test drove it, I was hooked! My former hot rod was a 67 Chevelle SS. It doesn't have the pull of the 396, but it's just as quick in the 1/8th & it's a little more fun actually with its handling. You must pay attention in turns & parking due to the pontoon fenders. It's quite the head turner & have had nothing but bad things said about it cause let's face it...Its phat! Paint & finish could be a lot better quality. It looks good with & w/o the running boards, but for $1600.00 they look good on mine. Extras are outragous, but comes w/the territory. The top's compartment bonnet rattles a little when it's windy & when my speed is up. All in all it's my heartskip in America
Favorite Features
The cross between the '57 Ford hardtop convertible (first of its kind), the style of grandpa's '53 Chevy p/up and the performance of the lavish Corvette. These combinations make this p/up a rare and unique item that carries the SSR to be an outstanding vehicle and true modern day collectors item.
Suggested Improvements
Better paint & finish, stronger tranny, driveshaft & rear assembly. Heavier cylinders to hold down top's compartment bonnet more securely. And more reasonably priced extra's. Afterall the inital purchase is substansual. Also to have the OnStar feature at least offered as an option (wasn't in '05).