Used 2005 Chevrolet SSR Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet SSR - Consumer Reviews

LS 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (32 reviews )

Dream car
By steve

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My wife spotted this at the dealership and told me that was out next car. Of course, I didn't want her to think I really wanted it but too late she was in love. The SSR drives and rides like a dream. The first very cold morning the driver side window was frozen abd I could not open the door. I had to go to passenger side and crawl accoss not to easy for a 6ft 240 lb guy. I have since placed some silicon lubricant in the rubber door seal, keep your fingers crossed. Would not change it for the world right now!!

Power and good looks.

More leg room, real cupholders

SSR 6 speed
By F Mitchell

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and looks great. The six speed is fun to drive and has plenty of power in all six gears. It gets lots of looks everywhere I go.

Driving with the top down is a blast.

The glove box is a bit on the cheap side.

Life in the Rod lane
By Willy D

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had many performance vehicles, and none received the attention like the SSR. I first saw them at the 50th birthday party for Corvette in Nashville. As my high school vehicle was a '51 chev. pickup, I was impressed with the design. Now that we have a SSR we are not disappointed. I describe it as a Corvette that you can use everyday. With the cockpit feel of the Corvette, chopped top and wide body it's got the Look. The LS2 is a sweet engine. The power and handling is amazing for such a heavy vehicle.(it's about 1400lbs more than the C5)Cost seems to be the main concern, but a street rod is not for everyone. No way could you build one with this much content and reliability FOR 45K

Engine and exhaust sounds. Easy to operate top, and the WOW factor.

Ghost flames, standard cool sunglasses and RC8 delivery like we did on our 50th anniv. Corvette

The Most Fun on the Road
By Jenn

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car is by far the fastest ride on the road. With the handling of a sports car, the speed of a Corvette, and style of a classic, you can't go wrong with this car. Minus the few design problems this car is by far the best out there. If you're one for fun, this car is the only choice. Caution: it is a police magnet, especially in black!

SSR'n
By wayne

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, love the covertible hard top. Mileage has been 15.9 mpg for the 7,000 miles driven. Excellent quality, no problems so far.

Crusing the 101 with the convertible hard top down, 390 horses purring & the Bose 250 watt premium sound system pumping out Toby Keith's Honky Tonk U. No better therapy on earth. :-)

None