2005 Chevrolet SSR - Consumer Reviews

LS 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (31 reviews )
2005 SSR
By Dennis on 05/14/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Went looking at the Vette, came home with the SSR. I trailer waverunners, and run back and forth to our boat. Perfect sport (not just cars) enthusiast car.

Super Truck
By bobz2 on 04/19/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Got rid of a new T-Bird and Silverado Lt. This car/truck (A Corvette with a big trunk)is three in one. Sports car,truck, convertible. A real blast to drive, comfortable, fast, safe and useful. I haven't been able to think of ways to personalize or improve other than needing some more interior storage. I love this truck.

SSR
By cali rocket on 04/13/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle, great handling, exellent pickup and speed. Awesome braking. A head turner, and a classy looking vehicle. GM to stay into the market needs to modify and swoop up their vehicles.

Show Stopper
By mtunstl on 04/12/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a well designed and well built muscle car for the new century. A sleeper at the stop light and a lightning bolt on the straightaway. It's not a "cop catcher" but it is an "eye catcher". Men and women of all ages love this car because it is fun and different from what you see all over the roads today. It has a little retro styling with all the best technology of today. Form and function in one cute little pick-up.

What a cool roadster
By Rusty Fishel on 03/20/05 07:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Truly a unique vehicle. It will truly set you apart from the crowd. Although it's usefulness is limited if you are looking for a truck, it really doesn't fall into that category. The lines and the throaty music of it's V8 will surely inspire you. If you are looking for a classic mode of transportation, this car will surely be noted in classic car history.

Very Sweet
By Imharley1 on 02/16/05 08:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is just as cool as my 48 pickup. I'm glad I waited for the bigger motor. It is very comfortable to drive, great gas mileage, fun on short trips, and looks like it would be easy to modify.

From C5 to SSR
By H D Lee on 01/23/05 12:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Due to a recent stroke, I sold my 04 C5 Corvette convertible and bought a 05 SSR. Still wanted the driving FUN & convertible. The SSR is a little easier to get in & out of. I love the exhaust note of the SSR, one of the best features. The top is a breeze to operate. Has great sound system. The 05 has the LS2 motor with 390 hp. (detuned Vette motor) You have to like answering questions about the SSR everywhere you stop. Points to improve..seat adjustment is impossible with doors shut. Wish the power seats would move back automatically when door is opened. I have the chrome wheels and noticed the center caps tend to move out of position after driving around.

WHAT A GREAT RIDE
By Bob on 01/23/05 06:12 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a real looker. It turns heads and you gets all kinds of questions at stoplights. Fun to drive, solid ride but smooth. wish it had a stick shift, sounds great. When the top is down it is the best looking car on the road.

Chargers SSR
By Slingshot Yellow on 12/30/04 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second SSR. I love almost everything about the vehicle. Seat controls are tight between door. The retractable top is very convient and fast. I'm a car nut, own six now, by far the SSR gets more attention than any vehicle I've ever owned. It's unreal how many people (all ages)stop to look and ask questions. All comments positive, I've never received a single negative comment. I can't wait to get my hands on the 454/425 Blackbird SSR. Where and how can I acquire one ? The 390 just isn't enough muscle for me. I'm considering one of the new 500 hp ...... Corvette's. Chevy keep up the good work

Great Ride
By jwxlv on 11/16/04 07:07 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I always wanted a hot rod but I also wanted all the modern automobile technology. This is the first production vehicle that I enjoy driving as much as I do riding my Harley.