2005 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

LS 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (31 reviews )
SSR 6 speed
By F Mitchell on 10/04/05 09:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and looks great. The six speed is fun to drive and has plenty of power in all six gears. It gets lots of looks everywhere I go.

Life in the Rod lane
By Willy D on 08/26/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

We have had many performance vehicles, and none received the attention like the SSR. I first saw them at the 50th birthday party for Corvette in Nashville. As my high school vehicle was a '51 chev. pickup, I was impressed with the design. Now that we have a SSR we are not disappointed. I describe it as a Corvette that you can use everyday. With the cockpit feel of the Corvette, chopped top and wide body it's got the Look. The LS2 is a sweet engine. The power and handling is amazing for such a heavy vehicle.(it's about 1400lbs more than the C5)Cost seems to be the main concern, but a street rod is not for everyone. No way could you build one with this much content and reliability FOR 45K

The Most Fun on the Road
By Jenn on 07/29/05 23:00 PM (PDT)

This car is by far the fastest ride on the road. With the handling of a sports car, the speed of a Corvette, and style of a classic, you can't go wrong with this car. Minus the few design problems this car is by far the best out there. If you're one for fun, this car is the only choice. Caution: it is a police magnet, especially in black!

SSR'n
By wayne on 07/20/05 17:05 PM (PDT)

Fun to drive, love the covertible hard top. Mileage has been 15.9 mpg for the 7,000 miles driven. Excellent quality, no problems so far.

SSR review
By itsbish on 07/17/05 01:58 AM (PDT)

I have had this truck for 6 months and it has continued to be a blast to drive. The 6 speed is a must for the fun factor. People do want to know what it is, so be ready to answer their questions. I waited until the LS2 came out before buying. Now i'm looking at adding a supercharger.

First Impressions
By RedDawg on 07/06/05 02:49 AM (PDT)

I love this truck, car, whatever. Thats the key for me; it's the sports car I always wanted, the truck I seem to need periodically, and a convertable to boot. It probably doesn't do any of these things as well as a respective dedicated vehicle, but, it does all-3, and it does it well! It has class, style, performance and ride, but most of all it's a blast to drive. I will use it daily. Fit and finish are better than most, and the Blue Blur is a beautiful, green under flourescent lights. The chrome wheels look killer with little Chevy emblems.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By L.A. on 06/15/05 09:02 AM (PDT)

I have always enjoyed convertibles, however, this one tops all of them. It is exciting to drive, draws attention, and performs like a dream. The design is especially one of my favorites things about the SSR, not to mention the engine. And, you have the entire 'trunk' to haul items around in. This one I will keep for more than three years.

SSR is Awesome
By Debbie on 06/09/05 21:24 PM (PDT)

The SSR is an awesome car. My daughter and I take off in it on the weekends and we get more people stopping us to see the car. It handles great, you hardly ever see them being driven on the road. We actually bought this car to use only on the weekends I know it sounds weird, but it's a car that you want to keep special.

Chevy SSR
By Susie on 05/28/05 18:33 PM (PDT)

We love the car - Fun, sporty, great ride.

Sunday Driver
By D. Billingsley on 05/15/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

My Slingshot Yellow SSR combines three characteristics that I've always wanted. It is a cross between a hot rod, a sports car and a pickup truck. It is incredibly fun to drive and attracts attention like nothing I have ever driven. I see people taking pictures of it on their cell phone cameras as I'm cruising down the freeway. With more than enough power, it runs out nicely and still has more to give above 60 MPH.