Ten days of sheer joy so far
By Gentlespirit on
2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I bought my 2004 SSR 10 days ago. It is Slingshot Yellow and has all of the trimmings except the chrome wheels. I got an incredible deal from the dealer: 8% discount AND 72 months at 0% financing. Some of the salesmen suggested I might have "stolen" it (heh heh). Well certainly not. But I can certainly say I couldn't have afforded it any other way. An MSRP of nearly $47K put it out of reach until the magic of discount + 0% came around. I have been driving it all around for the past 10 days. It has been pure unadulterated joy. I get thumbs up, "OK" hand signs, rolled down windows with big smiles and every other kind of admiration everywhere I go. A huge boost to my self esteem. I adore it!
Favorite Features
Three favorite features: Style, style, and style. It has yards and yards of COOL to spare. Mine came equipped with all the bells and chimes. I really like the sound system.
Suggested Improvements
I'm 6' 3" tall - The leg room on the drivers side is a bit short. It would be nice to have about 2-3" more depth from the seat back to the pedals. I'd also love some sort of periscope or prism that would help me see traffic signals when I am up at the front of the line... A price I glady pay...