2004 Chevrolet SSR Consumer Review: Attention Getter!

2004 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Attention Getter!
By berne1 on

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got my 2004 SSR in December. The prices have come down since the launch. This car is definitely an attention-getter! The first day I got it I was stopped at the dry cleaner by a passerby to give me a compliment. I can't wait for summer to put the top down. This car looks sleek and low but actually sits up quite high, which is the best of both worlds. I love the interior design with the gauge package and upgraded stereo.

Exhaust note is tuned like a '60s muscle car. Exterior styling theme carries over into the interior. Gauges look cool. Inside of the cargo area is beautiful, almost a shame to put anything back there. This car stayed VERY true to the concept car. Handles better than expected in bad conditions.

No XM radio available - why? Acceleration isn't great from the 5.3L engine. Handling is true to it's truck roots. Seat controls are hard to reach due to limited room between seat and door. Maybe they should be relocated to door panel.