2004 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

LS 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (58 reviews )
What a riot.
By Wingnuts on 05/24/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in an F-150 FX4 for this ride and love every second of it! Talk about a fun drive, but if you are an introvert you'll hate it because everybody wants to talk to you about it. Top down is the absolute best especially @60mph or less. The only issue I've had is cavitating with the windows down and the top up over 40mph. I'm glad I waited on it though as the dealer knocked off $15k from the sticker.

Lots of Fun
By Dave on 03/18/05 17:46 PM (PST)

The SSR is fun to drive and gets lots of attention. It fits our need for going to the beach as well as hauling golf clubs.

Attention Getter!
By berne1 on 01/23/05 15:37 PM (PST)

I got my 2004 SSR in December. The prices have come down since the launch. This car is definitely an attention-getter! The first day I got it I was stopped at the dry cleaner by a passerby to give me a compliment. I can't wait for summer to put the top down. This car looks sleek and low but actually sits up quite high, which is the best of both worlds. I love the interior design with the gauge package and upgraded stereo.

Ten days of sheer joy so far
By Gentlespirit on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought my 2004 SSR 10 days ago. It is Slingshot Yellow and has all of the trimmings except the chrome wheels. I got an incredible deal from the dealer: 8% discount AND 72 months at 0% financing. Some of the salesmen suggested I might have "stolen" it (heh heh). Well certainly not. But I can certainly say I couldn't have afforded it any other way. An MSRP of nearly $47K put it out of reach until the magic of discount + 0% came around. I have been driving it all around for the past 10 days. It has been pure unadulterated joy. I get thumbs up, "OK" hand signs, rolled down windows with big smiles and every other kind of admiration everywhere I go. A huge boost to my self esteem. I adore it!

What a thrill
By kenny andrus on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

What a thrill to drive. Every time you get behind the wheel, it's like being 15 years old and first experiencing driving. A real head turner. Hopefully it will hold its value as predicted as mine is an investment. Has plenty of pep yet not hard on gas.

yahoo
By DDD on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car it is the coolest car and I think everyone should have one and I can't wait to get mine customized in hot pink. Its going to look so cool and it will be the only one like it!

Great Ride
By Balloons on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Ride super look!

Feels like a 1940...
By Ezekiel_Ramirez on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just got done with a employee test drive, very nice if you dont mind driving a floating brick. It weighs too much, the road feel is super detached, brakes are too grippy until you get used to them. Interior is great, love the body colored rim, and aluminum accents. And the GMC Sierra Crew Cab felt like it had better performance, even though it weighs more and hp is (rated) less

best in years
By candace on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is the best truck i have seent in years i have had a truck my whole life and i have never been more satisfied as i am now!!!!

ssr
By lm` on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

the most different and fun to drive vehicle to come out in a long time