2004 Chevrolet SSR - Consumer Reviews

LS 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (58 reviews )
My1st American Truck
By my2004ssr on 06/30/11 20:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 ssr in 2010 with only 1,600 miles.. with only adding 8k miles, i had to replace the windsheild wiper motor, gas tank, and coolant fans. A total of $7,000.. This will be my LAST american Vechical !!

My Beautiful SSR
By Pat Yanish on 05/18/10 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is beautiful and in great condition. Drives like a charm and has a lot of get up and go. I love my SSR. Buying experience was outstanding. My sales person, manager and financial person were great and honest. Honesty is hard to come by. They were fantastic and I would recommend all my friends to go there.

My beautiful SSR
By Pat Yanish on 05/18/10 06:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is awesome. I have wanted this SSR for six years and it was worth waiting for. It gives me a smooth ride and I feel great driving it.

My yellow SSR
By myyellowSSR on 09/27/09 18:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love how this truck handles, The power it has, right there when ya need it, Girl's do drive trucks. Just love It. What more can I say?

A SSR FOR ME!
By The Vitter on 09/26/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I thought the truck was Bad when it first came out. The GM designers did their work on this one to create a unique ride. I almost bought a red 05 last year, but backed out. I started to look real hard for a clean one. I found one in my own backyard at Chase Chevrolet located in Stockton, Ca. I have driven the big engine and found that the small engine is just fine. I have owned many Chevy muscle cars in my day. Still i'm my geerage to this day are a stock 71 RS/Z28 350 LT-1 4 spd. A 67 Chevy II Nova with a 427/turbo 400 with 456 cogs. The black SSR i just bought is in pristine condition. I did not buy it for a hot rod, I bought it because it is a classy ride. The Heartbeat rides on

Last of the Great Sport Cars
By Sergeant39 on 08/29/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased my SSR in September 2008, after seeing it at the Dealers, and just had to have it. Have seen them in the past, and thought they were just the kind of vehicle I needed to have. Traded in a 2004 Mini Cooper, same yellow in color, but not a color person. It was just what was available. This SSR does everything asked of it. Comfortable in long drives as well as down the street. Always attracts looks of envy, jealousy, or whatever. There are only 2 others in the whole county, so I know it still attracts attention. Don't plan on ever getting rid of it and even have it mentioned in my will as to who gets it.

paid for finally
By graveygrabber on 08/02/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it new and still love it! People still ask what kind of car is that? do you believe its 6 years old, and they want to know how much it is ."they don't make them any more. Why not?" "$52 grand when it was new, thats why!"

A roadster to remember
By MATTS04SSR on 02/01/09 05:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned all types of car and trucks. In fact I have a 64' Chevelle, the SSR is the best. I drive it as a daily driver, mine is an 04' purple. I get some looks that is for sure, not so good in the snow but, it is still fast and fun.

Pumped
By kcwlaf on 05/16/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 in Dec 07. I have always wanted one but couldn't justify the price. Well the price was right and I got my new toy. It is my company vehicle and my daily driver. Makes me feel like a young man again. Top down is incredible and a great attention getter (nearly causes many fender benders) I had a vinyl wrap put on with my company logo and I tell you it is the cheapest and greatest advertising you can get. We put woodgrain accents above the fenders and on the gate. This baby looks like a true 40's roadster. I've owned over thirty vehicles in my life but this one has got to stay. My future grandchildren will have the opportunity to drive this one. Thanks GM!

Sturdy vehicle with performance.
By Lotis 61 on 04/17/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 5 Camaros in the past and this is the only vehicle I've ever test driven and now owed that came anywhere close to the performance I was looking for. I test drove a lot of trucks and cars and the SSR was the only one that I liked that had the sound and motion to go with it. It's very comfortable and not too low to the ground like my Iroc. Great handling and love the little extras that came with it. Handling and speed are my most concerns. The convertible top is awesome on summer nights and days. It has been a very reliable.