2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

2016 Spark compared to a 2014 Spark
By Happy daughter!

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

My daughter and I tried out a new 2014 Chevy Spark two years ago. We thought it was OK, but needed a big makeover and a lot of refinement. This year, we drove a new 2016 Spark, what a wonderful little car. I thought because she was a new driver, she should have something that was very safe! It has a great warranty, and easy to drive around town with great gas mileage. This car has safety features not found on most $30,000 cars. Parking assist, lane departure assist, frontal crash avoidance, ten airbags, including knee airbags, back-up camera and more. Fantastic ! 2LT model with all the extras. She paid $14,000 for a new car! It was absolutely worth it. She loves the car. She is single, and there is more than enough room in the car for extra people if need be. The gas mileage can't be beat! The insurance is low too. We could tell this was a great little car, quaility, quaility all the way, compared to the 2014 Spark. With all the options she has, a bigger car would cost at least twice as much or more. She has had it a week, and wants to drive everywhere. At one time she wanted a much bigger car for safety, but they don't have all those safety features on most bigger cars. A bigger vehicle would cost almost $20,000 used, and wouldn't have all the safety features, plus it would have 30,000 miles or more. For the price, she couldn't beat buying a "NEW" car.....and not having someone's used troubles!

Best Little car in the world
By t varga

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love love love this little car. I got this car for gas mileage because I have to drive an hour to get any where and I needed to pay cash for it. Well worth the price. It might not have roll up windows but the drivers door locks and unlocks itself, It has automatic headlights, Ive never touched them . The sound of the stereo system is great for only having 4 small speakers I can make the windows vibrate. This is the first time ive had hands free calling. I fit very comfortable in the car but im short my husband being 6 ft does drive it and his only complaint is getting out because it sits low to the ground. And for anybody worrying about power thats just nuts, I zip around and up and down these hills in wv without a single problem,(you may call them mountains). And im getting way better fuel mileage than expected the best yet is 46.2 miles to the gallon, that was averaging 62 miles an hour. You will not be disappointed with this car. I think the people who are complaining are the ones that dont realize this is a small car not a large suv. I bought the green one its fun, sporty, and zippy I love this car.

Don't do it.
By Nicole

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Right... Check out the spark forum. Own a 2015 spark bought brand spanking new with 30 miles on it, tranny has gone out, been in the shop 8 times after I take it back in for tranny issues, no AC, electrical gremlins... Really loved it when the traction control came on, on a clear day on perfect road conditions causing almost a wreck. Really loved it that Chevy tried to charge me to have someone pick up my mom when my tranny went out 4 months into owning this car, because apparently having a passenger in the car and driving more than 12 miles away from home isn't normal. I have a stack of papers of repairs and yet Chevy has done nothing but caused me stress. This last breakdown, dealership had car for 2 weeks, providing no loaner and left me stranded in another state. I can't pay my bills this month because I had a 2 week expense for being stranded and Chevy didn't want to hear about it at all. I've had caseworkers on my case who make appointments but don't keep them, don't call back. Last time I called when I was stranded the lady laughed at me on the phone, and when I demanded for a manager she took her time hoping I would hang up, I didn't hang up and I heard everything she said to the manager and I said ummmm.... Still here

A superb machine all round!
By Don Atkinson

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Engineering.com has a video out asking if the 2016 Chevrolet Spark is the best car in the world. I would vote YES. It just does so many things effortlessly!

Fun to drive but some disappointments
By coopdedoo

2016 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Car has an agile feel and is fun to drive. Notable hesitation on acceleration however so no darting across an intersection. The size is perfect for me. Am not getting even close to the MPG on the sticker despite light foot. More like 27 city, 30 highway which is my biggest disappointment. Apple Carplay is not consistent--disconnects on a whim. Dealer has suggested putting in a new USB port--just have to be able to leave the car there for a day. The gas pump nozzle at Costco will not stay in the gas tank so I have to stand and pump, breathing in the fumes. My lower back hurt the first time I spent more than 10 minutes driving (granted I'm not a youngster). Bought a back support which has helped. One last tiny complaint--the windshield wipers leave a spot "un-wiped" near the bottom where they don't overlap completely. That I can live with... :-) Burnt marshmallow color hides dust very well.