2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

BAD TRANSMISSION OR IGNORANT SERVICE PERSONEL!!!!!
By Harry

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 llt about 4 months ago. The car is what I was looking for in a compact car with great gas mileage. But, it seems the transmission has some issues and the dealer says that the way it shifts... If you take off slow it will jerk your back out of wack its so bad. It also has a shutter when you take off. down shifts very hard.. The dealer says again that's the way it was designed.. Make sure you drive one and get a good test drive before buying.. If the issues cant be resolved I'm going to sell or trade it. It's that bad.. BEWARE!!!!!

Low cost and good value
By Husein Sukaria

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for economy city driving. My goal and expectations were low purchase as well as operation cost. That would disqualify any hybrid vehicle. The purchase price was so low that I could not pass up such a good opportunity. It is too early to tell how long term reliability will be, hopefully good.

2015 Chevy Spark Review
By Matt

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have two main complaints on my Chevy Spark. I've had this car for about 7 months and I'm already looking to upgrade to a 2013 Kia. I bought my Spark new and I requested a standard key fob remote and I then found that it's not available for the Spark, but there is an Onstar app that does the job. I found out very, very quickly that this was impossible to use - the app was unresponsive and full of glitches, not to mention, they only "door" the app unlocked was the trunk! Another complaint I have is the acceleration. It's about a 0-60mph in about 10.5 seconds, making it very difficult not to jolt forward in the Spark when transitioning to a highway from city. Aside from these big complaints, this car is VERY noisy. You can hear more of the ground and wind outside than the stereo system. The stereo system in the LS is very muffled and grainy...if you are someone who relies on music, it becomes very difficult to enjoy any of it with the quality of the speakers. This is a car without Bluetooth connectivity, phone connectivity for calls, or a USB port. Additionally, there is no center counsel for storage. You're left to use the small side pockets on either side of the front seats and an extremely small "pocket" in the back with only one pocket on the back of the passenger seat. I feel it is important to mention that when it is a windy day, the Spark will blow and shift slightly into other lanes. This car is very difficult to control in windy conditions. I would not recommend this car to anyone - it is a very, very affordable car however the cheap price definitely shows in the interior, exterior, and engine.

turbo ready
By badnews

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I have a new 2015 spark. if I can I am going to install a new intake system like a k &n and see if I can fit a scat cat exhaust system under it. I think I could get 100 hp out of it.

Best Value by Far
By Matiz Man

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car for many reasons. It has a touch screen media center, bluetooth, cruise, great safety, 10 airbags, USB, AUX in, foldable rear seats, theft protection, ABS, STC, and TCS. The volume automatically adjusts for road noise. So at high speeds it auto increases volume slightly and vice versa. The rear wipers come on automatically when you shift to reverse and the front wipers are currently on. It has leatherette seats. So far everyone that's seen it thought it was real leather. Very smart car.
Excellent mileage, surprisingly good acceleration, fun to drive, nimble small size, yet adequate storage room especially when folding down seats.
All for a ridiculously low price. This is a better equipped car than cars costing $2000 to $5000 more. I'm not joking.
I am 6"2' and it's comfortable. However, it wouldn't fit an adult well behind me because I have the seat full back. I could move it up, but it better be less than a 45 minute drive if I do so.