Used 2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

I miss that little guy!
By Miriam

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I always wanted a tiny car, and the affordability of this car allowed me to purchase my first car from the dealer. I was very happy at first because it was so cute and of course I finally had the convenience of being able to park in any space with little to no struggle. The inside looks very cool and modern. I got lots of complements and jokes on it. I had the smallest car at my job. I was very happy with it until after a while. I began to noticed the inconvenience of having a small vehicle when every bump and pot hole felt harsh and loud. I began to get annoyed by the noisy drive, and the AC was not too great during the heat waves we have been going through lately. I began to feel that the car was too small when I took long road trips and my guests could not recline much. Eventually I traded it for a more spacey car. It has been almost two months since I've let go and it is starting to hit me, I miss the little guy. It was convenient for gas, and parking. Sometimes you don't know what you have until its gone.

The little red clown car!
By Billy Cowan

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I kind of compared this to a classic Prius(01) I drove for 10 years. The acceleration is not great, the VCT works well but you have to learn how to drive it. Drive it like a regular car, mileage is 39 mpg, drive it like a hybrid and keep the rpms @ or under 2000 rpm, 47 to 50 mpg. Visibility is great, sound system is good quality and the touch screen setup for personal preferences for operation is good.

Never again
By Tracy

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Tons of issues. Owned the car going on a year this month. It has spent tons on time in the shop. Transmission is the biggest issue. Chevy dealership(s) no help. Want to sell ASAP. Planning on trading it in soon.

From Lime to Lemon
By R. A.

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a complete piece of junk. There have been at least 4 recalls since I got it. It's had problems from the A/C compressor needing to be replaced, to the coolant compartment needing replacement because it cracked from the heat due to being made out of plastic!! The battery needed replacement during the first 6 months of purchase and now I'm having transmission and acceleration issues that are serious. If you look http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues you'll see how dangerous this car is and GM is going to have a serious lawsuit on their hands if anyone gets seriously injured.

Perfect for city, roadtrips, camping, family use
By Christina

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

This is my favorite vehicle out of all the cars and trucks I've owned! Although it is a sub-compact car, there is enough storage space for luggage, groceries, camping equipment, and more. The gas prices in Alaska are pretty expensive, but this car helps keep costs low since we are able to top off the tank for about $20 and make it through the week driving to work, daycare, class, grocery shopping, and usual errands. Another reason I love this car is the front wheel drive and traction control make it easy to drive, even in the winters and even in Alaska.