Used 2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Spark - Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Spark

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Never again
By Tracy

2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Tons of issues. Owned the car going on a year this month. It has spent tons on time in the shop. Transmission is the biggest issue. Chevy dealership(s) no help. Want to sell ASAP. Planning on trading it in soon.

From Lime to Lemon
By R. A.

2014 Chevrolet Spark 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a complete piece of junk. There have been at least 4 recalls since I got it. It's had problems from the A/C compressor needing to be replaced, to the coolant compartment needing replacement because it cracked from the heat due to being made out of plastic!! The battery needed replacement during the first 6 months of purchase and now I'm having transmission and acceleration issues that are serious. If you look http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues you'll see how dangerous this car is and GM is going to have a serious lawsuit on their hands if anyone gets seriously injured.

Perfect for city, roadtrips, camping, family use
By Christina

2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

This is my favorite vehicle out of all the cars and trucks I've owned! Although it is a sub-compact car, there is enough storage space for luggage, groceries, camping equipment, and more. The gas prices in Alaska are pretty expensive, but this car helps keep costs low since we are able to top off the tank for about $20 and make it through the week driving to work, daycare, class, grocery shopping, and usual errands. Another reason I love this car is the front wheel drive and traction control make it easy to drive, even in the winters and even in Alaska.

For my daughter's first car
By Teenager approved

2014 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I don't understand why everyone is crying about the fit, finish and/or ride quality? It's a entry level car under $15,000!!! You're not buying a Corvette or Denali... I bought this car for my daughter's first car, it's safe, reliable and affordable. She loves it, it serves the purpose of what it is and my daughter loves it. My daughter is 16yrs old and I'm sure she drives it like a 16yr old girl. It keeps on going!!!

It will get you from here to there.
By Sara G

2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first BRAND NEW CAR I ever bought. At 24 years old, working a part-time waitressing job this was all I could afford. I've had no real problems with the car. There were a few recalls that my dealership fixed with no problem. (Which my dealership, Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville is great, BTW.)
This car has been reliable and I assume it will continue to be reliable until I have it paid off, at which point I'll be more than ready to trade it in.
Just because there is nothing special about this car. It is not even a NICE car.
Shocks are HORRIBLE. Speakers are HORRIBLE. Interior is made with cheap materials.
It also has really bad blind spots in the back of the car when you're trying to back out of a parking space. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't resulted in an accident yet.
The AC is weak and lukewarm, although the heat is great.
This engine has no power. There was a time I went to The Dunes and had a really hard time getting up a hilly road.
I get an average of 30 MPG combined. Which really isn't spectacular. I know people with Nissan Sentras and a Honda CRVs that get slightly better mileage than I do.
It handles alright in the snow for being such a little guy. I previously owned an 2004 Cavalier which was extremely DANGEROUS in the snow.

So overall, if you're looking for a cheap car to get from place to place, this car will do it for you, but with no added fun or comfort to the experience.