2014 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Spark - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Animalplants
By luna44@peoplepc.com

2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2013 Chevy Spark LS when they first came out. I loved it! Then a recall on the ignition switch, then it was the fuel pump and now this year the air conditioner went out and burned all over my motor. I never heard a recall on that but reading some of the other reviews it should have been. I still Love my car but now It seems so noisy on the road and it sounds like I am driving a tin can. If I hit a speed bump it feels like to me that the front end tires start to shake and the car seems to try to recover..I have the Techno Pink. Hopeful, all the re-calls I had was a good thing and they will make a better car.

Sparky is a great little car!
By Greg Acker

2014 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

Very comfy for a small car, doesn't feel tiny on the inside. Acceleration is a little slow but cruises happily at 75+. Getting almost 40 mpg overall. I like the my link system, works with my phone and the navigation app. I'd recommend getting an LT1 over the LS, I looked at both and the extra features are worth it. I'm commuting 32 miles each way and I'm very pleased so far. Front seats are very good for a cheap car. The back seat has a surprising amount of room but the folding seats are pretty hard. Overall a very good value for the price. You should be happy as long as you realize this isn't a Cadillac when you get it.

Zippy Go Cart
By kimburlee

2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a few months and put almost three thousand miles on it. I tried the automatic but man, was it lousy. Floorin' it and nothin'. The manual though, fun stuff. I feel like a kid again with my go cart. It's no frills like my go cart but it has AC (not the best but I don't live in Phoenix so whatevs). The sound system ain't that great but I don't care. I got it super cheap and brand new. I love zippin' around town in it. Recently I drove it into the mountains and it was fun! I can imagine the automatic would have sucked up there though. I thoroughly enjoy the interior cloth or whatever it is. Best of all, 38.5 MPG in town.

MPGs Easy clutch Interior

Better speakers. Hey -- what's with power windows but not power locks?

Chevy & Yugo mated and the result ? The Spark
By sillyemail1982

2014 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

What a hunk of JUNK !! Bought this fine quality GM product 7 months ago, brand new. Out of the 7 months ? It was at the dealer for 2 months total. 7 month old car with a MASSIVE OIL LEAK from the valve covers, 3 recalls, rear latch breakage and bad tire pressure sensors no one could figure out how to clear the code. Chevy has re-invented the Vega got the "quality" from Yugo & created the Spark. Road noise is horrible !! Fit and finish is a JOKE !! The door chime causes loss of hearing. It's a plastic hot mess. And the black paint is an upgrade ? Junk all the way. Traded it in yesterday on a far more reliable method of transportation. That car should of been recalled & forgotten about.

Only redeeming quality of the Spark is the 4 door hatch. It's a neat looking car. It's a shame Chevy missed the mark with this one.

Improvements ? Where to start. How bout actually making a good, quality entry level automobile for the money ? Road noise through the floorboards is horrible the engine noise is deafening. Fit and finish needs to be worked on. Also the side handles above your head ? DANGEROUS. I hit my head a bunch of times on those things. remove the handle and how bout replacing it with a air bag ? That things HURTS. Scrap this one and go back to the drawing board.

Quirky, but loveable
By tishpit1

2014 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Have a 2014 Spark LT1 with nearly 18,000 miles on her (I drive a lot). This car has it +'s and -'s, that's for sure. PROS: The driving position is comfortable for me and I have a horrible back, so it's hard finding a car that doesn't cause me pain. This one is kinda fun to drive and handles very well for an econo-car. Roomy cargo area with nearly-flat folding rear seat. Dash is nice and touch-screen radio also works well. MPG is avg. 38+ in mixed driving in Florida (level, but lots of a/c). Recommend dealer installed fog lights for night/bad weather driving. CONS: had bad hesitation problem and lurching at very slow speeds but "cured" by using 89 octane gas. A/c is poor - weak fan.

Seating comfort, handling, roomy interior for size, touch-screen radio/Bluetooth, MPG better than my old Metro, kinda cute in a cult-like way.

Need a more powerful a/c fan, advise use of 89 octane gas to eliminate drivability problems, CVT revs and feels like it's slipping at times... go to a regular 5-spd. auto tranny and drop the CVT or improve mannerisms on current CVT.

• SUV