Mission Accomplished !!!
By iammilitaryman on
2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)
In my mind Chevrolet has accomplished the mission it set out to complete with this car. There are always compromises and the Chevrolet team seems to have balance those well with this car. First are looks inside and out -- There is no reason a car should be ugly or have non-functional design features and here the Spark is terrific-- I hear "cute" often until the person sits or rides in car and then they go on about the surprising room and features that are in the car. Second is performance, People that buy this car want good MPG and realize that it is not a sports car. The fact the it is pretty slow is "ok" because this car lives up to and surpasses MPG ratings the EPA gave it.
Favorite Features
Although the car is slow in comparison to other vehicles I think it "works" for those who will be driving to maximize fuel economy anyways. I got the hard accelleration thing out of my system in my teens and twenties anyways! The room in the car is divided well for passengers and cargo --- most important is good room for front two people and then "ok" room for rear two (which are rarely used anyhow probably) and then cargo is tight but in a pinch the rear seats go down for extra -- Again Chevy got the most important things right with providing decent front driver/passenger comfort. I have been averaging 35 in mixed city.HWY driving with the automatic trans -- 10% above EPA 32 estimate !
Suggested Improvements
The Mylink is good but they should bump up the amp. power a bit and put a better set of speakers in the cars that have MYlink -- I think this might cost GM $25 total for alot better sounding system --- Automatic lights should be standard. Driver side power window should go down with one press vs. having to hold. The mirrors should have the blind spot safety mirror built in like the Sonic has.