Just got it three days ago and----
By nick385 on
2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)
I'm not happy with the AC, at all. If Chevy gets the AC up to where it needs to be, I'll update all ratings to "5." As it stands, I'm in a city with 100+ temps that span three months in time. As I ran my sales calls, today, it was 95-101 outside. I kept shifting around in my seat to get the air to blow on me and it wasn't cool enough, to boot. The driver's side vent is just not good at getting the air onto the driver, even with the other three vents closed. In stop and go traffic, the compressor seems to kick out and the air is then even warmer. Not cool, literally or figuratively. Chevy has me scheduled for 7AM, tomorrow. I'll get a loaner. Lemon Law may be invoked. Stay tuned.
Favorite Features
I've compared this car's AC to my gf's 2012 Ford Escape, side by side, running the same course, minutes apart, at 101 degrees, hot start. There is no comparison: The Escape's AC, run by its 4-cylinder engine, makes a joke out of the Spark's AC: I was cold by the time I got back, in the Escape, I was sweating in the Spark. I like the Spark's overall appearance. When it's cool out, the Spark is a hoot to drive.
Suggested Improvements
The AC system must be improved. The driver's side vent is angled poorly, even when the louvers are adjusted. The compressor may not be up to the task of cooling the car down in 100+ temps. I will update after my car's AC is serviced.