Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

I love my Spark!
By steveinsac

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2013 Chevy Spark in the summer of 2012. And from day 1 I have been in love with it! It's so much fun to drive! And parking it is awesome! I can park where most average size cars can't. I have over 32,000 miles on it. My only minor complaint is that it doesn't have the pick up and go. So, merging into traffic can sometimes be an adventure. But, everything else, the sweet stereo system, the a/c, the entire interior, the truck space....all are perfect.

How fun it is to drive. Great gas mileage, even when driving over mountains. It's small so the a/c cools it down really quickly. Love the high tech computer touch screen.

Great Styling, but that's it.
By treehugger42

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car December 2012 because my 1997 SUV was a gas guzzling beast. While I love the much improved gas mileage, I often miss my SUV and regret my purchase. I think the mpg could be better though. I drive on the highway 6 days a week and average 31 mpg. The styling is awesome. Mine is bright green, and I love how the color is incorporated inside as well.No CD player though, which sucks. I live in NW PA, and we get a lot of snow. If the road is not plowed, I slide all over. If its more than a couple inches, I am stuck. I can't get up hills, it shakes violently over 70mph, i hit my head and im only 5'9",had 4 recalls so far,and has lost $7,000 in value already. Want to trade in!

Color, styling, steering wheel radio controls

acceleration, A/C, put in a CD player, head room, height off the ground, better quality materials

The Spark Review
By sparkman34221

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2013 Spark in March of 2013. The main issue is the a/c. After 4 trips to the Dealership, and several component replacements, they finally replaced all the a/c components. The a/c is now working better than when I purchased the car. I was informed by the service manager that apparently some of the a/c components were manufactured with defects. So if you are having the a/c issue, and are under the factory warranty,INSIST, I repeat INSIST they replace the entire a/c system and you should be okay. If your dealer won't do it, go to another dealer. On the acceleration issue, there is a recall that just came out where they clean the throttle body and replace the PCV valve.

The best feature is the my link radio.

None

It cannot get out of it's own way.
By archmage69

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

The A/C is less effective than having the windows down. Good luck getting up any hills, this vehicle has no torque. After getting up any hills the vehicle smells like rotten eggs to pay you back for pushing it too hard, which the dealership will blame on the gas. It will rev up and accelerate without the gas being depressed. At least the keys stay in the ignition while it does this. Somtimes it will not start, maybe its an issue with the onstar. Did I mention the A/C sucks.

It get 38.5 mpg.

Maybe vehicle production should not be left in the hands of Daewoo.

Great car for the money!
By hallshop

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought one early, August 2012. LS Manual hatchback. Installed window rain guards, colored side moldings (factory), after market mudflaps, and a light duty trailer hitch to tow a small three rail motorcycle trailer to rides and races. Driving gently and hauling the trailer approx 7,000 miles of the 28,000 that the car had when totaled, was averaging 38.9mpg. Car was cheap to buy, cheap to operate, handled well. Hit a deer at approx 35mph. Locked seat belts, drove radiator back into the exhaust manifold, broke a headlight, kinked hood, kinked right fender. Didn't set air bags off. Some concern for safety, but had the deer contacted the bumper, wouldn't have been as bad. Looking at another one.

Fuel mileage. Car drove well. Long trips were not as uncomfortable as the 2002 Suzuki Swift that it had replaced. Just enough room to load riding gear and fuel can in back with seats folded down. Brakes were far better than the Suzuki Swift.

Could use a bit more power. Sucks leaving stop lights and having everyone you had passed prior take off ahead of you and having to work back past them, though fuel mileage was the Holy Grail for me and worth some trade off. Drivers seat could use lumbar support. Factory spare tire as an option would have been appreciated. This option exists, as I understand it, in Europe. Had one issue with original A/C compressor when hot weather came 2013. Waited approx 2 months for new compressor. New compressor resolved the mostly not working issue AND cooled the car better than it had when drove off the lot.

• SUV