Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Great car for the money!
By hallshop

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought one early, August 2012. LS Manual hatchback. Installed window rain guards, colored side moldings (factory), after market mudflaps, and a light duty trailer hitch to tow a small three rail motorcycle trailer to rides and races. Driving gently and hauling the trailer approx 7,000 miles of the 28,000 that the car had when totaled, was averaging 38.9mpg. Car was cheap to buy, cheap to operate, handled well. Hit a deer at approx 35mph. Locked seat belts, drove radiator back into the exhaust manifold, broke a headlight, kinked hood, kinked right fender. Didn't set air bags off. Some concern for safety, but had the deer contacted the bumper, wouldn't have been as bad. Looking at another one.

Fuel mileage. Car drove well. Long trips were not as uncomfortable as the 2002 Suzuki Swift that it had replaced. Just enough room to load riding gear and fuel can in back with seats folded down. Brakes were far better than the Suzuki Swift.

Could use a bit more power. Sucks leaving stop lights and having everyone you had passed prior take off ahead of you and having to work back past them, though fuel mileage was the Holy Grail for me and worth some trade off. Drivers seat could use lumbar support. Factory spare tire as an option would have been appreciated. This option exists, as I understand it, in Europe. Had one issue with original A/C compressor when hot weather came 2013. Waited approx 2 months for new compressor. New compressor resolved the mostly not working issue AND cooled the car better than it had when drove off the lot.

It's a mini car with 84 HPW
By deespark

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

It's a mini car with 84 hpw...I lOVE my SPARK. I don't expect to get there fast- but my brand new car get's me there. No more worrying about my old Hyundai breaking down on me.

The size, the look of the car...I love that it appears to be a 2 door- the interior is simple- the interior dash color- the inside room- everyone is always surprised at how much is in there. With the back seats down I can fit all my camping gear no problem.

Wish it had more horsepower, sun visors are absolutely useless- side mirrors are too small- would much rather have keyless entry than free onstar for 6 mo- HATE that it doesnt have cloth seats!!! No cd player.

i have waited so long for this car
By chevyfan1982

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first brand new car and wanted it from the beginning. I have owned it a week and the gas gauge just got to half a tank with 200 miles on it. I graduated from a pt cruiser and wanted to keep the hatchback look, this car has all the storage one would want and for those that say the a/c is crap need help, I keep the ac on the lowest setting and I freeze in FLORIDA. Everyone I meet wants to see it and is amazed at how much room is in it, but if I hear cute one more time...lol. At first I looked at a fiesta but hated how many buttons were in it. I love the interior and the functional layout (LS trim ) and it has all the tech I need although disappointed in no CD player.

functional interior, fuel economy, fun ride

road noise, CD player, noticeable down shifting when slowing down.

Great Car, Terrible A/C
By focuser1

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've got the 2LT, and I really love this little car, for my purposes, it handles well, it is comfortable, and it is full featured. It is not a racing car, but it does what it needs to, it is advertised as a city car, and that's what it is. The mylink radio, fog lights, automatic trans, heated seats, full power, etc.,etc., all wrapped in a 4 dr. sedan, for just a touch over 17K, is a great deal. The deal breaker is the A/C.

I really like the Mylink system, Sirius XM, Onstar

The A/C, is basically useless. The temperature is constantly changing from cool to warm and back to cool, over and over. This is a wide spread problem affecting just about all Sparks. GM is aware of this problem, and has published a bulletin promising a fix, but up to this point, has not delivered. Until this is rectified, I couldn't in good faith recommend this car

This is an awesome car, But!!!!!!!
By whoknew1985

2013 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I can be really happy and satisfied with this car if General Motors fixes the A/C issues that some of them are having. The A/C works while driving, but blows warm air at idle. I do not enjoy driving this car in the city at this time. I love the styling and charm of the design of the car. It is fun to drive and handles longer trips really well, in my opinion. The colors that are available gives this car its unique place in my day to day travels. I will update this review and mark this car with higher scores once General Motors finds a resolution for the A/C problems. I have the LS model with the 5-speed transmission. It is Jalapeno Green.

My favorite features are the interior with plenty of head and leg room, easy to reach and understand radio controls, and the above average gas mileage that I am seeing.

Fix the A/C system!!!!!!!!!!